FOOTBALL

1 lurker | 161 watchers
Dec 2021
11:41am, 12 Dec 2021
3,675 posts
  •  
gcwenn
Lol, I though that might touch a nerve. I apologise for the extremely low blow there.

Apology accepted 😁
Dec 2021
11:43am, 12 Dec 2021
11,232 posts
  •  
Joopsy
It struck me whilst sat int he Chelsea end for the United game a couple of weeks ago that football fans (not just Chelsea, but especially Chelsea) are a bit daft.

Screaming for a foul and calling the red all sorts of names for try or bias to United, and then screaming at United players to get up and stop appealing when the same scenario happens.

We are all very juvenile and forgetful.
Dec 2021
11:44am, 12 Dec 2021
65,218 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Well, I only mind because it was so obvious and ridiculous, and twice in a minute.

Other players gain terrible undeserved reputations for that sort of thing.

It amused me when Ronaldo injured himself jumping over a player: he cleared him by so much the other guy didn’t even see him, but he was genuinely hurt. He was then fouled on the touch line and the ref somehow failed to see that. He looked annoyed but he didn’t pursue it.

On a related note I enjoyed the handbags at the end of the Chelsea Leeds game. Rudiger looked ready to kill those accusing him of cheating.
Dec 2021
11:48am, 12 Dec 2021
3,676 posts
  •  
gcwenn
The one thing that gets to me is when the fans in the corner are screaming because the ball is not in the corner arc. The ball does not have to be in the arc, it just needs to "overhang" the line.
Dec 2021
11:52am, 12 Dec 2021
11,233 posts
  •  
Joopsy
That massively amuses me, like the inch is going to make all the difference anyway.
Dec 2021
12:00pm, 12 Dec 2021
3,677 posts
  •  
gcwenn
I never looked at it that way!
Dec 2021
1:51pm, 12 Dec 2021
7,772 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Throw-ins are always interesting. Not so much at the top level but at grass roots. I officiated where so many were questionable. Yes, I did blow for numerous foul throws but had to let some go otherwise the ball would never have gone back into play.

Even running the line, the thrower's toe being an inch over the touchline? Come one, just get on with the game!
Dec 2021
2:41pm, 12 Dec 2021
65,222 posts
  •  
Diogenes
That’s no penalty. Maddison, who come across as a piece of work, throws himself down.
Dec 2021
4:14pm, 12 Dec 2021
2,044 posts
  •  
stuart little
How is Buendia playing for you lot now, Stuart Little?

Getting there, still lacking a bit of consistency but it's clear that he's a huge talent and will do well.
Dec 2021
6:33pm, 12 Dec 2021
7,774 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
About time we won and deservedly so. Confess to thinking the inevitable equaliser was coming at 2-1 but happy and relieved.

About This Thread

Maintained by Diogenes
Ah, the beautiful game, remember that? Let's put down some jumpers and have a socially-distanced kickabout. Long shots only, and no hugging and kissing.