FOOTBALL

1 lurker | 161 watchers
Dec 2021
11:09am, 12 Dec 2021
11,228 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Manure, oh dear dear me.

You should have a look at Todd Cantwell, he does the Ronaldo diving without any of the good stuff.

I’ve seen many games where Ronaldo has been poor for us, I’ve also seen many games where he’s done extraordinary stuff. Which incidentally is why you had your highest crowd of the season yesterday for a game that was also on TV.
Dec 2021
11:11am, 12 Dec 2021
3,670 posts
  •  
gcwenn
Rupp for me was the best player on the pitch and he took him off. I am still baffled about it now.
How is Buendia playing for you lot now, Stuart Little?
Dec 2021
11:14am, 12 Dec 2021
11,229 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Fred had an excellent game, especially the second half.
Dec 2021
11:14am, 12 Dec 2021
3,671 posts
  •  
gcwenn
Our highest crowd of the season? Maybe, but don't fool yourself it was to see Manure or Ronaldo. Unfortunately Fenland Runner has put himself into exile, but unlike Suffolk's finest who managed 6000 against Barrow in the FA Cup we have a good following. 19,000 ST when we were in league one.
So kid yourself that the "yarmouth reds" came out to watch but it was just another almost capacity crowd for us.
Dec 2021
11:18am, 12 Dec 2021
3,672 posts
  •  
gcwenn
Honestly Joopsy, I know I am a Norwich fan, I know supporters tend to see things through rose tinted glasses, but I did not see a decent display from any outfield player in red yesterday. Your goalie was man of the match. I can think of 3 outstanding saves from him.
And it was a stonewall penalty, despite him screaming like a child as he went down to add to the threatrics
Dec 2021
11:26am, 12 Dec 2021
3,951 posts
  •  
Oscar the Grouch
That's sort of what DDG is paid to do - the whole team has to play their part ;-)
Dec 2021
11:28am, 12 Dec 2021
11,230 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Amazing that the Yarmouth reds can get hold of tickets when you are so close to capacity every game.

I don’t kid myself about anything, it happens time and again, everybody hates Man Utd (some adults even make up names for them and give themselves a little thrill every time they type it, the kind of blokes who marvel at Mrs Browns boys) but everybody turns up when they come to town.

De Gea was excellent yesterday, one excellent save and one I would have expected anybody to make.

Fred consistently broke up play second half and unusually for him kept finding a man to release United on the attack.

And yes, Ronaldo dives and rolls around like she’s been shot, whilst scoring 802 goals. Cantwell dives around likes he’s been shot. Nobody seems to mind about that. (Apart from Dio)
Dec 2021
11:38am, 12 Dec 2021
3,673 posts
  •  
gcwenn
I f**king, hate Mrs browns boys
Dec 2021
11:39am, 12 Dec 2021
11,231 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Lol, I though that might touch a nerve.

I apologise for the extremely low blow there.
Dec 2021
11:41am, 12 Dec 2021
3,674 posts
  •  
gcwenn
"everybody turns up when they come to town".
I remember going to Old Trafford and getting told by a local "you have only come to watch United".
My reply was along the line of "no, I have come to watch Norwich who happen to be playing United. Next week I will be at the ground where Norwich are playing and I will not give a fat rats arse about United"
Why do these fans have this sense of over blown self importance about their team?

About This Thread

Maintained by Diogenes
Ah, the beautiful game, remember that? Let's put down some jumpers and have a socially-distanced kickabout. Long shots only, and no hugging and kissing.