FetchPoint: The Game

1 lurker | 281 watchers
Aug 2023
9:08pm, 18 Aug 2023
5,525 posts
  •  
jelly
Pothunter it took me from my holiday last August to June this year tiger back where I was and I was bug free!

You are right Hanneke, maybe I should just go but I’m a complex weirdo, 😂 I’m trying to understand why it seems so important and to just let it be and wash over me a bit more!

I just got back from holiday, moved my circle back went out for a run through 6 of my 11 bugs, only to find when I got back that I’d not got my circle quite where I normally have it and therefore hadn’t got any bugs!

Maybe I’m too stubborn to throw in the towel!
Aug 2023
9:19pm, 18 Aug 2023
356 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
Perhaps it is character building, jelly.
Aug 2023
9:41pm, 18 Aug 2023
108,700 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Lol Jelly!

Enough reason to stick with it then... ;)
Aug 2023
12:58pm, 21 Aug 2023
5,536 posts
  •  
jelly
3850 and bug free!
Aug 2023
2:04pm, 21 Aug 2023
357 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
Excellent work, jelly!
Aug 2023
3:46pm, 22 Aug 2023
5,542 posts
  •  
jelly
So I’m being thick but I just need someone to spell it out, I lost around 6,000 points in 8 days, is it because what I had dropping off was big scores? Is that how I lost so much. I mean I get that I’m losing the 200 bonus and getting penalties but I just don’t see why I lost so much!

I’m not whinging and moaning any more honest! I’m just trying to understand the game even though I’ve probably been playing 2 years now!
Aug 2023
3:53pm, 22 Aug 2023
298 posts
  •  
theOtherRichard
Yes jelly. As I understand it, scoring works on a rolling 30 days (or month?) window. So today, you have to match the score that falls out of the window from 30 days ago. Just to stand still.
If you get more, your score will increase. If you score fewer - or no - points then it will go down. If your daily average is high (750ish), you'll fall fast.
Aug 2023
4:32pm, 22 Aug 2023
358 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
Hi jelly,
If you look at your activity, you will see how much you scored each day.
The day on the far left side is the one you will lose tomorrow, because it will then have been more than one month/30 days ago. Mousing over the bar for that day will tell you how you scored that much.
Note that the 200 points for being clear of bugs never appears for the leftmost day, because it was earned on the day before, which was more than one month ago.
As theOtherRichard touched on, 30 days is roughly correct, and that is what I see on 'About this game', on the discussion pages. However, looking at my activity chart, I counted 31 days, so I think the total is based on one month rather than always being 30 days. The length of months varies, clearly.
Aug 2023
7:24pm, 22 Aug 2023
829 posts
  •  
Funky Chicken

Spotted the Higgs Boson on the map near Elephant & Castle today so had my first taste of cycling in and out of central London during peak commuter time with hundreds of other cyclists - really had to keep my wits about me! Glad to have bagged the HB finally though, and to be free of all those pesky bugs for a fleeting moment at least.
Aug 2023
7:44pm, 22 Aug 2023
108,935 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Ohhhh that is my all time favourite badge! I had to put in great effort too, well worth it!

About This Thread

Maintained by Naomi P
Frequently Asked
===========
1) The scoreboard and markers don't 'reset' on the first of the month any more. They work on a rolling 30 day system.
2) You only need to worry about red bugs.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.