Fetch Camper Vans

93 watchers
May 2023
12:28pm, 12 May 2023
15,032 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
That looks wonderful SarahWoo.

RR that's where we stayed for our first night away in the van.
May 2023
7:06pm, 12 May 2023
2,636 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
It's great here.
May 2023
8:57am, 15 May 2023
5,133 posts
  •  
jelly
Anyone been to Northern Island?

Smallest Jelly wants to go to the Titanic museum in Belfast.

So we are looking at having our holiday over there this year! Mr Jelly likes a place we can set up camp and walk to everything (which is why we have been going to the Isle of Wight!
May 2023
9:12am, 15 May 2023
2,514 posts
  •  
Big_G
I’ve been to NI, as we went there in May last year for my 100th marathon. We stayed in 4 different places - I wouldn’t say it’s easy to stay in one place and walk everywhere to see the sights. For example, Giant’s Causeway is no where near Dark Hedges, which is nowhere near Belfast. But it’s a great country to explore - we loved it. Very scenic, some great walking and very friendly people.

Probably our favourite site in NI was a National Trust one, which had massive grounds, lots of walking, things to do, and also a short walk to Strangford Lough Ferry if you want a ferry ride.

Although we live in Devon, we caught the ferry from Cairnryan over to NI, because it’s a shorter crossing and we have a dog. We stayed at a cracking CL fairly near the ferry port before we travelled over, which I can recommend if you go that way (I’ll try and find the name of it if you’re interested). The A75 was not a very good road though, very slow, with lots of freight, and a lot of single lane. But as I say we had to go this way due to the dog.
May 2023
9:16am, 15 May 2023
2,638 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Yes - we went in October 2021 and loved it.

We started in Ballyness campsite in Bushmills. This was a pristine campsite with large serviced pitches on hard standing, games room, modern and clean toilets. Walking distance to town which had a great restaurant, takeaways, bars, shops... short drive to great attractions such as magheracross, giants causeway, castles, ballintoy etc.

After a couple of nights there we headed to Castle Ward campsite on Strangford Lough. This was a national trust campsite, nestled in nature with amazing walks/runs from the campsite, near to Belfast. I loved this one just as much, but for different reasons than Bushmills.

May 2023
9:19am, 15 May 2023
2,515 posts
  •  
Big_G
RockingRonnie, that NT place is the one we stayed at :) I’m remembering now that we had this conversation last year :)
May 2023
9:22am, 15 May 2023
2,639 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
It's really great. I would go back there and spend more time in that campsite. We were there to pick up the new puppy, so I'd love to take him with all those walks on the doorstep of the campsite.
May 2023
2:34pm, 15 May 2023
26,450 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Castle Ward is lovely. Last year we stayed at the campsite in Antrim. Very clean, loads of “street food” stalls nearby. Close to Lough Neagh shoreline.

You would need to travel to Belfast but there’s also public transport options from Antrim.
May 2023
2:35pm, 15 May 2023
26,451 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
NI is an amazing place to visit.
May 2023
2:43pm, 15 May 2023
3,422 posts
  •  
Ally-C
I’m going to Ireland through the six counties in a few weeks on the way to Kerry. Went to Dingle last year for their half marathon & couldn’t believe how beautiful that neck of the woods was. Thinking of Donegal later in the year too.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...