Conquercise

218 watchers
Oct 2021
5:57pm, 24 Oct 2021
54,613 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
While I acknowledge that everyone's training log is their own business and Fetch games and badges are just for fun, I'm not sure that logging old (years old?) training sessions on Fetch as if they'd been done that day and then bragging about the resulting Conquercise and Fetchpoint achievements is entirely in the spirit.
Oct 2021
7:15pm, 24 Oct 2021
81,296 posts
  •  
Hanneke
1- I don't train
2- I did the ride. Not last year, but earlier in the week. I just didn't log it at the time. I often leave the Garmin on the bike, outside in the shed. I also often forget to re-set it between rides, so a logged ride becomes two odd loops, as if I went out, came home, went out again.
3- I didn't brag about it?
I have been working very hard, all year, to accumulate this lawn.
I have not logged any retrospective rides.
I often forget to log my yoga, then log 6 weeks in a row. I never knew that wasn't allowed?
My log is mine and only a rough record of my activities so I can see how I am progressing.
As weather deteriorates, there will be more walking and less cycling. As I rarely drive to a walk, I won't be adding much to the lawn until next Spring.

I don't see why I have to defend myself for riding my bike with the added fun of badges, lawn expansion? It sure has helped me to go out there.

I am actually quite upset.
I have been subjected to similar from another Fetchie many years ago about my training volume at the time and it was the reason why I all but abandoned Fetch... In this case, I have made all my logging private. I may yet leave...
Oct 2021
9:02pm, 24 Oct 2021
54,618 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Goodness, I seem to have hit a nerve ninja I remember your skirmish with another Fetchie who wanted more information than you were prepared to disclose about your time trialling, but I didn't realise you'd also your training volume challenged. I'm curious now. Was it the same person?
Oct 2021
9:08pm, 24 Oct 2021
81,313 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Yes, it was... I think it was a competitive/jealousy thing. I have never made my training public or used Strava. Coaches advice... I may not be as strong as I used to be, but I suspect my ability/aptitude for endurance will never go...
Oct 2021
9:10pm, 24 Oct 2021
54,619 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I think 80+ miles around the Brecon Beacons at 16+mph is pretty strong :)
Oct 2021
9:15pm, 24 Oct 2021
81,315 posts
  •  
Hanneke
E-bike and Titanium race whippet. I converted my XC 29er into some kind of hybrid thing for road use. I have been seen at 45 km/hr down the Po Valley with full bike packing setup... ;)
E-bike is used when venturing off road a lot or when climbing a lot.
That ride wasn't that steep for around here... There was a reason why I ventured up and down Valleys and along the Brecon/Monmouth canal ;) I used to do.much much more... A long ride wasn't one without at least the Gospel Pass, Llangynidr Mountain AND the Bwlch in it... Those were the days!
Oct 2021
3:32pm, 29 Oct 2021
13,726 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Woohoo, distant lands badge for 500 visited in a year. I thought I would have to own them but I only own 497 and there are just 2 accessible left in Nuuk.
Oct 2021
6:20pm, 29 Oct 2021
81,572 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Great ITG! :)
Oct 2021
7:58pm, 29 Oct 2021
50,475 posts
  •  
LindsD
Well done!
Nov 2021
7:21pm, 2 Nov 2021
165 posts
  •  
Forrest Jooligan
Congratulations Hanneke & ITG.
Even though your lawn-building has consistently reduced my ownership score Hanneke 😉
I could do with doing a decent ride to link my N.Devon lawn to my FoD/S.Wales one before the former expires completely. Not really the time of year for that kind of expedition though.

About This Thread

Maintained by SPKoF
Come for a play:

fetcheveryone.com/game-conq.php

Here's a little explainer video. Just 90 seconds long. Please share it if you can.

https://youtu.be/Srig7-pl6pQ

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.