Cats in Boxes

4 lurkers | 97 watchers
Mar 2022
11:09am, 20 Mar 2022
9,113 posts
  •  
Raemond
A great thing just happened!
Nori, the less courageous of the two by a long shot, held Bel, the youngest and most feline curious of the honds, captive on the stairs to the craftorium!

He stood his ground on the stairs and she was too respectful to push past him, so she was stuck at the bottom when she wanted to come up and join me and the shadow.

At first I couldn't work out why she was down there whining - I didn't realise Nori was on the stairs until he relented and came up, at which point she bounded up behind him.

This is the ideal state of affairs, as far as Sam and I are concerned. Less than two months I'm, and the cats have assumed their rightful roles as heads of the menagerie.
Mar 2022
11:17am, 20 Mar 2022
3,536 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Refuses to use any kind of cat bed, but came in from the garage to find him sleeping in his carrier ๐Ÿ˜‚

That's definitely good news, Raemond ๐Ÿ˜Š
Mar 2022
2:34pm, 20 Mar 2022
10,382 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Good news indeed.
Mar 2022
3:28am, 21 Mar 2022
631 posts
  •  
NRGEE
Lucky- overgrooming and Lucky with soft collar to help prevent this

So far she is tolerating the collar just fine- it prevents her from licking the antibiotic/steroid gel I have to apply to lesion twice a day.
Think overgrooming was a stress issue. stressors gone and flat back to normal- so hopefully excessive grooming will stop. Soft collar bought online as I know she wouldn't tolerate vet collars!
Mar 2022
7:15am, 21 Mar 2022
25,573 posts
  •  
Serendippily
She looks very round :-) good job
Mar 2022
9:05am, 21 Mar 2022
87,361 posts
  •  
Hanneke
That stare!

Cats get seriously distressed by change... Lasya has struggled for weeks with my decluttering, new rugs, sofa, blanket, chests of drawers, secret hidey holes gone... But she is slowly coming round. She has to! I am not changing things back! Still got the dumping room to make back into spare room and re-decorate up there... Then she can settle.
She avoids the new building like the plague! She is scared to go into the garden because of it: she sits and stares at it and doesn't like going near or past it. Tried putting her inside over Xmas: she ran out and sat howling in the rain in the entrance to the garden!
Funny creatures, cats...
Mar 2022
9:50am, 21 Mar 2022
1,655 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Weโ€™ve had the carpets lifted downstairs, awaiting a wooden floor going down & ours are freaked out completely๐Ÿ™€

Their fault for destroying them tbf๐Ÿ˜€
Mar 2022
8:39am, 22 Mar 2022
9,466 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Well, we know spring has arrived, Oreo has brought his first baby rabbit kill of the year into the house and was promptly chased out with it. ๐Ÿ™„
Mar 2022
9:12am, 22 Mar 2022
14,768 posts
  •  
IT GRANNY ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Well, we know spring has arrived, Oreo has brought his first baby rabbit kill of the year into the house and was promptly chased out with it. ๐Ÿ™„

I think my OH would have skinned it and made a stew.
Mar 2022
6:53pm, 22 Mar 2022
9,512 posts
  •  
sallykate
That is brilliant news Rae. More pics please!!

Hope the collar helps NRGEE. Lucky is beautiful, such velvety fur.

When I was growing up in rural Somerset our cat regularly caught rabbits but didnโ€™t bring them in. We used to find their skeletons in one of the outbuildings.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!