Cats in Boxes

2 lurkers | 97 watchers
Jul 2020
10:47am, 6 Jul 2020
9,728 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
How do you get any work done? She hasn't settled all morning and just wants to play, which mostly involves jumping between the laptop and my hair (very curly, afro-like, to which she has taken a great affection). The boy, whose cat it apparently is, is still sound asleep. She wails loudly if I ignore her.
Jul 2020
10:56am, 6 Jul 2020
6,674 posts
  •  
sallykate
We adopted two kittens in early May, they were about 11 weeks. Kept them in a large cage for the first week on the advice of the charity (they were very unused to people). On their first "free" day they hared around for four hours, non-stop. Now they sleep in a large pen and race around for about two hours first thing when I let them, then sleep most of the rest of the day before getting active again in the evening.

It's fine if they're both awake to entertain each other but if the male sleeps before the female then she demands attention and ends up sleeping next to me on the table which is doubling as my desk at the moment.
Jul 2020
2:30pm, 6 Jul 2020
5,741 posts
  •  
Corrah
Sleep is my problem. My adopted cat cries at night so I am shattered most of the time.
Jul 2020
2:40pm, 6 Jul 2020
64 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
Same here. We’ve had ours for 6 years in August. She was 10 months old at the time. She comes in 2 or 3 times in the night most nights and I thought she would have grown out of it. She hasn’t yet ☹️
Jul 2020
2:52pm, 6 Jul 2020
6,681 posts
  •  
sallykate
Lenin used to wake me in the wee small hours every night to ask to go out. OH was against a cat flap but when we finally put one in my life was transformed - at least, until Pablo started waking me instead.
Jul 2020
3:00pm, 6 Jul 2020
1,181 posts
  •  
Captain Malcolm Reynolds
We have to shut ours in the kitchen/bathroom overnight there’s lots of cupboards and various heights for them to play in and on, so they’re well entertained. They have a few favourite games if we don’t shit them away like shouting in your face as loudly as possible, using my head as a trampoline to get on to the bed head, fighting through the duvet, chase each other over and under the bed, the final game used to always be settling down half an hour before the alarm went off.
Jul 2020
3:01pm, 6 Jul 2020
1,182 posts
  •  
Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Supervising the dishwasher loading.

Jul 2020
3:02pm, 6 Jul 2020
70,707 posts
  •  
Gobi
Blimey

we got kittens, started them from day 1 with being shut in the kitchen then given the kitchen and downstairs. No issues at night ever.

Lucky I guess
Jul 2020
3:13pm, 6 Jul 2020
21,118 posts
  •  
Meglet
When I got kittens I was all for leaving them in the kitchen overnight. OH said that was cruel (despite professing not to be a cat person) but after one night of them chasing round the house and over the bed he changed his mind!
Jul 2020
3:14pm, 6 Jul 2020
5,742 posts
  •  
Corrah
He's still only about 18 months and so used to being out at night. I think that once he is allowed out things will be better. Only another 5 weeks then.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!