Cats in Boxes

97 watchers
27 Feb
4:28pm, 27 Feb 2024
17,736 posts
  •  
Garfield
jda, those markings make quite an interesting face on the cat!

Welshpoppy, hopefully he works out for you.
27 Feb
4:32pm, 27 Feb 2024
3,620 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Ally
It is so difficult to do the right thing. The reason This boy available is owner went into care home,then adopted by a family who had a cat already and cat did not like new cat .So back he went to shelter.
jda
27 Feb
4:36pm, 27 Feb 2024
16,583 posts
  •  
jda
Our experience is that kittens are usually fine Ally, up to maybe 18 months, but nothing is guaranteed. Adult intros can work out too but it’s a bit more of a lottery.

Of course we also take back any adoptions that don’t work out. In fact the little scrap of a fluffy thing a few pages back was a failed adoption that was apparently bullying an elderly cat. She’s adorable and very meek so hard to imagine really, but that’s the story she came with.
27 Feb
5:16pm, 27 Feb 2024
14,408 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I hope all goes well Welshpoppy and I'm looking forward to the photos if you take him on.

I'll be meeting a new cat on Sunday! My brother's girlfriend is going on a trip in a few weeks so I'll be doing some of the cat sitting while she's gone. I'm going over for lunch so he'll know who I am in advance and hopefully won't be too traumatised :-)
27 Feb
5:25pm, 27 Feb 2024
5,117 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Our experience is that kittens are usually fine Ally, up to maybe 18 months, but nothing is guaranteed. Adult intros can work out too but it’s a bit more of a lottery. Of course we also take back any adoptions that don’t work out. In fact the little scrap of a fluffy thing a few pages back was a failed adoption that was apparently bullying an elderly cat. She’s adorable and very meek so hard to imagine really, but that’s the story she came with.

I’ve no idea of its age. No gonnae ask, if I do I’ll take it 🙃
27 Feb
6:17pm, 27 Feb 2024
17,737 posts
  •  
Garfield
Fair enough...
27 Feb
7:06pm, 27 Feb 2024
120,728 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Good luck Poppy, sounds like the right cat has come along at the right moment 🤞
27 Feb
7:11pm, 27 Feb 2024
120,729 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Tricky Ally. Really no idea what I would do.

I was offered a young Bengal, 8 months old, when Lasya was also roughly that age. Returned to the breeder for being, you guessed it, too Bengal 🙄🙄🙄. I was seriously tempted but Lasya is already "an acquired taste" breed and I feared my tiny open plan chapel would not accommodate two such cats. Also, cats are largely solitary creatures... But he was a beauty! A snow Bengal! He would have made a very aesthetically pleasing partner to Lasya.
However: Lasya is the single most content cat I have ever seen, especially for a supposedly highly strung breed, so I am glad I never complicated matters.
28 Feb
5:09pm, 28 Feb 2024
3,625 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy

This Boi will be coming home with me Friday.
28 Feb
5:13pm, 28 Feb 2024
12,393 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Oh he's beautiful.

What is he (going to be) called? Assuming you may rename him

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!