Cats in Boxes

4 lurkers | 97 watchers
24 Feb
12:20pm, 24 Feb 2024
13,410 posts
  •  
sallykate
What have you done wrong GlennR? That's quite the disapproving stare!
24 Feb
8:11pm, 24 Feb 2024
74,618 posts
  •  
GlennR
I was eating some slices of salami. I didn't give her any.
24 Feb
8:38pm, 24 Feb 2024
18,371 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
Outrageous.
24 Feb
8:56pm, 24 Feb 2024
74,619 posts
  •  
GlennR
She’s currently on the patio chasing her own shadow.
24 Feb
10:09pm, 24 Feb 2024
8,398 posts
  •  
Corrah
I've just been cuddled by Isaac. He's purring like a mini tractor and he buried his head in my neck and hair. I feel honoured 😻
25 Feb
7:21am, 25 Feb 2024
5,475 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad

I had this idea I would read the paper in bed this morning. Stripey does not agree.
25 Feb
8:28am, 25 Feb 2024
51,999 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Haha
If we put the paper down the cats like to sit in it as if it’s a flat box
25 Feb
8:25pm, 25 Feb 2024
2,694 posts
  •  
RooA
Do cats go hunting for other cats? For, as in on behalf of, not for as in as prey!

Marlinspike and Chadwick remain firm friends and I am starting to suspect that he (Marlinspike) is going hunting and bringing back his kills for her (Chadwick) to eat! He has been spotted trotting towards the barn with a huge, fat mouse in his face THREE TIMES today. Yet I spotted him heading out to his favourite hunting ground AGAIN as it started to get dark, so I opened the door called him. He came steaming back in and absolutely devoured a pouch of cat food... not what you'd expect from a cat that had eaten three big fat mice in the past few hours....

Chadwick is always hungry but a bit chubby and is perhaps getting on a bit (she's been hanging round here for coming up 5 years and was fully adult sized when she turned up)... is Marlinspike hunting for her because she's not as good herself anymore? He does love her and flirtles around her chirping and playing for a while every morning.

Poor lad is absolutely sparko now.

(If there is any confusion reading this, Marlinspike is male, Chadwick is female despite the name!)
jda
25 Feb
8:36pm, 25 Feb 2024
16,572 posts
  •  
jda
Yes I think it’s normal, and lovely to see that they get on so well.

Ours certainly don’t offer their food around, they tear into it like a pack of wolves, and also stalk around us at our mealtimes hoping to steal a scrap or more :-)
25 Feb
8:49pm, 25 Feb 2024
5,109 posts
  •  
Ally-C
My cat is fat, 15 and a good hunter because she’s so patient. I wish she wasn’t to be fair.

She’s a rescue and always wanting food. She’s black too, that’s why I was concerned about Chadwick.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!