Cats in Boxes

3 lurkers | 97 watchers
Nov 2023
12:53pm, 13 Nov 2023
8,191 posts
  •  
Corrah
I'd be a Foster failure jda as I would have all the cats if I could.
Nov 2023
1:00pm, 13 Nov 2023
48,707 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I couldn't do it if end up a mad cat lady !
Nov 2023
1:50pm, 13 Nov 2023
3,612 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
We don't formally foster, but over the years we have taken in one feral cat (who has passed away) and currently give informal pop-in-and-out shelter to one or two neighbour cats who are not let in enough. Now, we have to have a new terrace door fitted, which doesn't come with a cat-flap. The builder thinks it would be a shame to cut a hole in an expensive triple-glazed door just for occasional visitors that are not ours. Not sure what to do.
Nov 2023
1:53pm, 13 Nov 2023
4,913 posts
  •  
Idristhedragon
Suki is supervising me. She also supervised the piano tuner while he tuned the piano
Nov 2023
2:27pm, 13 Nov 2023
22,660 posts
  •  
RichHL
Suki is beautiful. I love black cats.
Nov 2023
3:12pm, 13 Nov 2023
12,613 posts
  •  
sallykate
We were thinking of fostering a pregnant mum then keeping her and one or two kittens, but in the end the charity offered us Ellie & Caspar.

One of my friends has a timid black and white cat who turned up a few years ago as a stray so they took him in. They always wondered if he was the son of a neighbour's cat which has strikingly similar markings. This cat (Chooch) is getting on a bit and started hanging round my neighbour's garden. They realised that his owner was spending a lot of time away from home and Chooch couldn't get into his house, because he can no longer jump over a wall to his garden and back door cat flap.

So my friend said to her neighbour that they'd look out for Chooch. He loves them and will knock on the door for attention - lifting the letterbox flap and letting it fall. With the colder weather they put a little cat kennel in their front garden so he'd have shelter if needed (as their cat really doesn't get on with him). But then someone put a note through their door saying they'd taken him away because of bonfire night and were keeping him indoors - so who knows what will happen to him now?

Sorry to go on - I just think it's a bit sad that his current owner doesn't care more about him and now he's with a very caring stranger but would really rather be allowed outside.
Nov 2023
4:49pm, 13 Nov 2023
18,774 posts
  •  
NDWDave
Nov 2023
4:49pm, 13 Nov 2023
4,923 posts
  •  
Idristhedragon
😃
Nov 2023
4:59pm, 13 Nov 2023
17,572 posts
  •  
Garfield
NDWDave, does he have a catflap or is that his "let me in goddamn it" look? ;)
Nov 2023
5:10pm, 13 Nov 2023
18,775 posts
  •  
NDWDave
NDWDave, does he have a catflap or is that his "let me in goddamn it" look?

He has the cat tunnel but prefers not to use
It

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!