Bupa great north run

2 lurkers | 30 watchers
Sep 2010
11:06pm, 1 Sep 2010
189 posts
  •  
runningmumof3boys
Thanks HOD and battlecat i will try not to let you down :)
bring it on!!! i will be shimmying my way to the front as much as possible!
wonder if it'll be a scorching day like last year (from what i heard- i didnt do it- this is my 1st gnr)
Sep 2010
11:16pm, 1 Sep 2010
190 posts
  •  
runningmumof3boys
im staying the in the premier in metro centre..does anybody now if this is in walking distance to the start??? i have no idea!!
Sep 2010
11:21pm, 1 Sep 2010
818 posts
  •  
154 Rob, MacSunday
no it's not Run'mum x3, unless you reckon an hour is walking distance.
You can get a train from the Metrocentre to Newcastle city centre - and then it's walking distance. Just follow all the runners, they'll be everywhere.
Tip - leave your hotel as early as possible! Srsly, trains will be overflowing so you might not get aboard the first one, or three...
Sep 2010
11:25pm, 1 Sep 2010
191 posts
  •  
runningmumof3boys
thanks rob, ok so that sounds ok i will leave and get the train to the centre and my hubby and kids will head off at the same time to the finish ....im assuming theres bags of parking? i know our hotel will be full of runners because i booked it a year ago(the day of the last gnr)and i got the last room --im assuming the others are booked by fellow runners!!
Sep 2010
11:26pm, 1 Sep 2010
1,390 posts
  •  
ndellar
Runningmum - Assuming there is not more than one, I stayed in the same Premier Inn a couple of years ago, I would not say it was walking distance, and a few dual carridgeways to negotiate could be tricky, so you need to plan how to get there.

However the PI were very good with the runners and I got a taxi to the start zones, maybe you could see about sharing with someone? They gave all the runners a little race pack with Mars bar and water, nice of them I thought. I can't even remember how I got back, combination of bus/metro/taxi.
Sep 2010
11:28pm, 1 Sep 2010
5,417 posts
  •  
Ha! Ha!
just go with the flow everyone,we'll keep you all right were geordies man!!
Sep 2010
11:28pm, 1 Sep 2010
192 posts
  •  
runningmumof3boys
thanks ndellar- when i booked the room the man on the phone said he thinks that this year they will be putting complimentary shuttle buses on! hope so!!!
Sep 2010
11:31pm, 1 Sep 2010
819 posts
  •  
154 Rob, MacSunday
yeah, a shared taxi would be an alternative - because of roadblocks for the race you wouldn't get to the start line but anywhere central is fine, just follow the runners to the start.
But, leave early!!
Sep 2010
11:32pm, 1 Sep 2010
1,391 posts
  •  
ndellar
Also get in the Q for the loo early. Last year it literally took hours - I was in the cubicle when Sting was starting the race! :)
Sep 2010
11:32pm, 1 Sep 2010
5,421 posts
  •  
Ha! Ha!
stop fretting everyone it'll be alreeet!!

About This Thread

Maintained by gadgy
Hi i see there are loads of fellow Fetchies in the GNR just wondering if there are a few hoping for...