Bupa great north run

1 lurker | 30 watchers
Sep 2010
3:02pm, 2 Sep 2010
195 posts
  •  
runningmumof3boys
i have decided to run the gnr dressed as a saucy soldior girl coz i always fancied it for a hen doo and ended up being dressed as a dwarf- also if i get a place in vlm i will run for help the heroes so cAN wear it again.....im running for children with leukeamia but im sure i dont need to wear the vest again i wore it at bupe 10000
Sep 2010
4:38pm, 2 Sep 2010
111 posts
  •  
Mick the slug
Favourite memory was running 2 years ago with my bro-in-law and as we crossed the Tyne bridge...about the 2 mile marker, there was a drumming band who were making a real racket. Just at that point the Red arrows flew over and my brother in law grabbed me pointed both arms in the air and shouted at the top of his voice " $%%£££^%6 HeLL" - or something like that cos I couldn't hear him. Shivers!
Sep 2010
5:54pm, 2 Sep 2010
5,444 posts
  •  
Ha! Ha!
drove past it this morning..they are erecting the finish area already on the leas in south shields..a big operation..
mick,i ran that year and i thought your b-i-L's language was appalling..lol :)
red arrows are supreme :)
Sep 2010
7:43pm, 2 Sep 2010
112 posts
  •  
Mick the slug
You've better hearing than me Ha Ha. Will look out for you at Mile 9.
Sep 2010
12:02am, 3 Sep 2010
5,459 posts
  •  
Ha! Ha!
thats coz ive got bigga lugz mate.. :)
Sep 2010
2:29am, 3 Sep 2010
2,740 posts
  •  
flip
Ah memories. 4 years ago this weekend my brother rang me and said can you run the great north run tomorrow . I said steve, i do lots of stuff but ive never been able to run, ive tried i just cant. well a lads dropped out and we have a place for the anthony nolan trust so ill take that as a yes he says . I ring up a friend i play footy with who has done them all and he picks me up in the morning shaking his head and constantly giving me advice . Keep it slow. Everyone gets carried away and goes off to fast . Walk if you have-its a long way -any thing to get you home etc. We start and its slow going over the bridge . Glorious sunshine and as i pass through the other end of the famous bridge the red arrows fly directly overhead. Amazing . My friend paces me and i huff and puff to gateshead stadium the crowds ringing in my ears and my mate keeping me steady . At 5 miles i start to feel better., at 8 i tell my mate to go on as im fine . I get hosed down by the guy who always has his garden hose out near jarrow. At 10 im laughing to myself as im flying.my breathing changed and feeling brilliant. I really cant believe it. A bands playing 'the ace of spades'gives me a lift as does the amazing crowd shouting every form of encouragement they can to everyone. I hit the sea front and the crowds are amazing, a wall of noise picks me up and throws me down the final mile. A gorilla passes me and i think im not getting beat of an f#ing gorilla and hammer it for home . I pass my mate just before the line and finish in 2:03. I cant walk after.Two lads have help me down the grassy bank at gypsy green and into the beer tent . My brother,the runner of the family has a rye grin on his face. six months later i started running . Enjoy a fabulous weekend everyone .
Sep 2010
7:24am, 3 Sep 2010
175 posts
  •  
sootyward
brilliant descrpition of the day
Sep 2010
7:49am, 3 Sep 2010
3,551 posts
  •  
Pestomum
Still waiting for my pack.
Sep 2010
3,552 posts
  •  
Pestomum
Sep 2010
3,553 posts
  •  
Pestomum

About This Thread

Maintained by gadgy
Hi i see there are loads of fellow Fetchies in the GNR just wondering if there are a few hoping for...