1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Nov 2022
3:31pm, 27 Nov 2022
9,643 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Steve, I'd definitely overdone it this week, so I've taken today as a rest day.
I'm glad that you enjoyed todays 5k trail outing.

Good luck FF with your target of running 20minutes for parkruns.

Thank's GG, I was pleased with my age category position.

I'm the same now re entering races. It's partly my age, but more down to entry and travelling costs. In 2016, I entered 21 races, but this year only 4 or 5 I think.

Your run yesterday with a friend sounded like good fun.

Good luck with aiming for your revised target of 1275

I hope your operation Tuesday week goes well.
Nov 2022
2:51pm, 28 Nov 2022
9,649 posts
  •  
hillstrider
A nice easy pace 9 miles in the forest, with one of my running buddies this morning. We had to retrace our steps at one point, due to flooding ahead, with no way round. There were a couple of heavy showers, which succeeded in soaking us.
Nov 2022
2:56pm, 28 Nov 2022
19,267 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Very jealous of your forest run this morning- it was Baltic up here, I did a double run day it was colder at lunch than first thing!
Nov 2022
4:10pm, 28 Nov 2022
9,650 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I suppose we have been lucky with the temperature in the South, although we have had our fair share of rain. We had 2 heavy showers during our run which soaked us, and except for having to retrace our steps at one point, due to flooding ahead with no way round. we enjoyed the run.
Nov 2022
4:15pm, 28 Nov 2022
9,651 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I seem to have repeated myself๐Ÿ˜ฆ
Nov 2022
8:11pm, 28 Nov 2022
7,626 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
A 3,2,1 interval session this morning. On my 2nd 1 minute rep a car approached from behind and wasn't confident enough to overtake me on the narrow country road and I wasn't going to spoil my rep so I sped up and when I glanced at my Garmin I saw 5.11 pace :-o It's a very good job it was only a minute rep.
I was aiming for 7.00 minute mile pace but ended up at 6.18 ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Nov 2022
9:23pm, 28 Nov 2022
3,498 posts
  •  
Evangel
By contrast with/to the amazing runs of some of you, I did a run today amounting to all of 2 miles, but it was in 4 staggers of 0.50 miles interspersed with walk breaks. For the first time since tentatively restarting running 18 days ago, my overall pace was less than 12 min./ml.. I was hoping that I wouldn't get booked for speeding! I am quite encouraged actually - this 77 yr. old is making a little progress at last.
Nov 2022
1:04am, 29 Nov 2022
7,630 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done Evangel, your doing a darned site more than many in the country. I'm pleased you're making progress back to running again.
Nov 2022
6:17am, 29 Nov 2022
19,780 posts
  •  
3M (aka MarkyMarkMark)
Good to hear Evangel! Onward and upward!
Nov 2022
9:21am, 29 Nov 2022
5,834 posts
  •  
steve45
I like your approach to running gg which fits well with what you really enjoy. "Events" is a good term. I particularly liked Boff Whalley"s book "Run Wild" and "Feet in the Clouds" by Richard Asquith for that reason. I hope the foot surgery goes well gg and you're back running again soon after

Phew, really burning rubber now FF and I'd put money on you getting your goal times within six months .
Your miles continue to be impressive hs quite regardless of age; I stopped "racing" out of necessity very many years ago and haven't missed doing them. I do miss being able to do what I used to do on an almost daily basis and have my doubts about any kind of improvement. Heart scan this Sunday! I guess any results will come later

Great to see that you are "back" Evangel even at the pace you scorn! (That's better than I can do currently!)
Just 2.6 miles in the dark this morning was nice with no wind or rain!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000