1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
22 Aug
4:16pm, 22 Aug 2024
7,088 posts
  •  
steve45
Yes that's right hs, I've often notched up 1000 miles in a pair of trainers and that was when I was running properly ( without walking). I last did 1031 in a pair of Hokas.Currently on 590 and 285 in two pairs of Saucony Ride 14. The provided insoles are rubbish.
Well done on your 4 road miles, quite a change from the woodland running.
I wouldn't be surprised if more recent trainers deteriorate more quickly Lesley. Built in obsolescence means more profits ☹️. You've put some good running in and yes, those light early mornings have gone. Oh my...your little one in school already! It only seems like a few months ago he was new born .
22 Aug
10:22pm, 22 Aug 2024
24 posts
  •  
Donnie1
I'm about to Google 'Berkeley running event' and deteriorating insoles. Everyday is a school day.

Related to the trainer discussions. Anyone able to recommend neutral trainer in the £100 bracket. I'm pretty unhappy with the current asics nimbus pair but they'll do for everyday use.

5.3 and 5.0 to add

Ytd: 620.3
22 Aug
10:44pm, 22 Aug 2024
38 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Donnie Direct Sports have the Boston 12 on offer for £114. A fab long distance running shoe but also good for shorter tempo type of efforts.
23 Aug
10:31am, 23 Aug 2024
15,762 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Steve, I try not to neglect road running, as one runner that I have known since we were both competive, can no longer run on roads. He puts this down to doing all his training off road. As winter approaches, much of my running will be on roads, so I have to be prepared.

That's unbelievable Lesley that the wee man has started school. Where do the years go?

The usual Friday Farmers Walk this morning. Thankfully the heavy overnight rain and strong winds had cleared up. There is 100% rain forecast for tomorrow morning, so I don't know how this will effect the parkrun.
24 Aug
9:14am, 24 Aug 2024
45 posts
  •  
JackFW
Good luck with your race, GG. Sounds epic. Sorry to hear about the last minute issues with crew, but stay positive; I’m sure you will have a great time and I look forward to reading your report afterwards.

100% rain forecast, HS? It was warm here today, 22 degrees, but we have storms and lightening forecast for tomorrow. Interesting weather for this time of the year.

Sorry, I can’t add to the shoe conversation. I’m the last person who knows about shoes.

A 28km run today. It was tough going in the warm sunny conditions which came as a shock to the system being late winter. The last half of the run was into the wind which made it difficult and I fell 3 seconds per km behind target pace. But happy to get the run in the bank and move on.

7 weeks to the Marathon. And I should hit 1000 miles for the year later this week.

I might treat myself with some beef pho tonight and an IPA.

Happy weekend running everyone.
24 Aug
9:35am, 24 Aug 2024
7,089 posts
  •  
steve45
Wouldn't want to recommend running shoes either, I know about shoes for myself that's all.
Varied terrain is best hs as you say. Glad you did Farmer's Walk ok and the rain had gone, looks like it's a wet park run morning though.
Doing well Jack, enjoy the IPA...make it a definite and not a might!
Only a very short early morning outing in the dark and rain to round up my total for the week so far! Better than nothing. Quite a horrible morning to start off the bank holiday.
24 Aug
11:28am, 24 Aug 2024
15,767 posts
  •  
hillstrider
JackFW, well done for this mornings 28k run in warm sunny conditions. Definitely treat yourself to an IPA this evening.

Well done Steve for getting out early this morning in the dark and rain. I didn't parkrun, see below.

It rained hard all night, and is still raining now 😑 🌧 My usual parkrun̈ners decided not to because of the rain, so I decided to do an easy pace solo road run instead. I ran 4.45 miles feeling quite pleased with myself.
24 Aug
11:19pm, 24 Aug 2024
46 posts
  •  
JackFW
Thanks, Gents. I followed your advice and enjoyed the IPA.

Well done on your run in the rain this morning. You should feel pleased with yourself!

Sunday has arrived here. The plan is for a lazy day, but will go for a walk along the water with the other half.
25 Aug
8:55am, 25 Aug 2024
7,090 posts
  •  
steve45
A chillyish Sunday morning, 9c and damp . Only did 2.2 miles but that's all I wanted to do. Plans to run with Torey went south mid week. At the end of a trot together on Tuesday she got her foot caught in littered parcel tape, fell and fractured the scaphoid bone in her wrist. Can't chance getting the cast on her arm getting wet . She's managed fractured elbow, ankle and this over the last twelve months!

Glad the IPA went down well Jack. Enjoy s lazy day .
Diamond League Athletic meet 5pm today. Will watch that .
25 Aug
9:46am, 25 Aug 2024
4,315 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Oh no not again for poor Torey so sorry to read.

She is a warrior.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000