Where can newbies (and RW refugees) say hello?

23 watchers
Mar 2017
2:06pm, 2 Mar 2017
21,259 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Running Bug isn't defunct. I only know because Mrs D used to log her running on there (don't ask) and just the other day looked back at some old data. I just checked and it's still there, forum and all. Though why you would need it, I can't imagine.
Mar 2017
2:26pm, 2 Mar 2017
26,439 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
plodding hippo - ID 75. Fetch royalty! :-) G
Mar 2017
7:39pm, 2 Mar 2017
39 posts
  •  
Muttley
The automatic upload of the past 30 days from Garmin did happen. Took a couple of days, by which time I'd added them manually so had to delete. Not complaining though. The Fetch log is much better than Garmin. Just saying in case anyone else signs up - you need more patience than I had!
Mar 2017
7:59pm, 2 Mar 2017
20,244 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
I remember that there running thing.......
Mar 2017
8:20pm, 2 Mar 2017
17,836 posts
  •  
Meglet
Welcome to all the RW refugees. I started there, though kept to a 'Newbie' thread and only lurked on the ones with the old guard in them.
Sometimes when RW goes down we get Forumites popping up here, they're always welcome, anybody causing trouble tends to just get wound up in a friendly humorous way :-)
Mar 2017
8:38pm, 2 Mar 2017
20,245 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
We were *all* new here once.

Even me!! ;)
Mar 2017
9:00pm, 2 Mar 2017
176 posts
  •  
SimonClarke
Well it's taken me a couple of evenings, but I've just finished uploading all of my runs from Garmin to here from 2013 to date. Feels good to have a complete record on Fetch.
Mar 2017
5:35am, 3 Mar 2017
7 posts
  •  
daisyjess
Looks like Garmin conmect is exporting well, but if anyone else is struggling you can also download a zip file of all your activities from your strava settings and import that onto fetch.
Mar 2017
2:11pm, 3 Mar 2017
50,966 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
I was glued to RW between 2002 and, hm, about 2007 when they did another layout change
I talked so much sh*te that I was top poster on there for about three years! We regularly stayed up way past midnight chatting about....well...sh*te, and a bit of running :)

I still have the free shoes I won off there in 2002(I use them to drive in only, wont run in Asics), and can credit RW with teaching me to use computers, be able to type at a reasonable speed....and worst of all for introducing me to a member of the 100 MC during my third marathon
Now look at me!!
Im bankrupt wth no toenails ans no free weekends
Mar 2017
6:38pm, 3 Mar 2017
26,444 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I've just stalked your profile ph, and I ran with (and chatted with) you briefly during your marathon PB, it appears? Abingdon 2009? Was also my marathon PB at the time! That's 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon right there. :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by Muttley
A place for newbies (and defectors from Runners World) to say hello and ask dumb newbie questions :-)