•  
Heinzster
Indi would be a natural, D2!
Dec 2021
8:09pm, 14 Dec 2021
10,280 posts
  •  
Llamadance
Nellers, I don't think that's how it was marketed, but it was how it turned out. The problem is the relatively short set-plays from the books make a coherent series difficult to put together. I don't think the series really held true to the 'fundamentals' of psychohistory, but maybe it can't.

I'm more tied to Foundation emotionally/historically I guess - it took quite a bit to stop comparing the series to the books, and I enjoyed it more once I did. Same probably goes for people and TWoT.
Dec 2021
11:46pm, 14 Dec 2021
5,680 posts
  •  
Joe Hawk
Never read foundation so no expectations, it seemed okay.
Dec 2021
10:09pm, 19 Dec 2021
39,203 posts
  •  
Nellers
Agree completely about how it was marketed vs how it turned out. The series is ok, but only vaguely related to the book(s).

Is the WoT series doing just the first book? With 14 books in the series how many series have they got agreed to get the story told?
Dec 2021
11:03pm, 19 Dec 2021
1,997 posts
  •  
Heinzster
Nellers, season one seems to broadly relate to book one. There are a few inconsistencies, for example we don't seem to meet Elayne this series but we do see Min. From memory I think she appears in a later book. There are also a few flashbacks which may be from the prequel. All in all I think it has been very good, and I am planning a rewatch already. I saw an article today saying it has been Amazon's most successful series to date, so hopefully lots more to come.
Dec 2021
1:40pm, 20 Dec 2021
985 posts
  •  
Tazsedai
Ep 7 cold opener was fantastic, thought it was the best shot episode too. Ep8 has the same director.
Dec 2021
11:07am, 22 Dec 2021
12,246 posts
  •  
D2metres apart air hug 4 Christmas
Hi, I'm catching up now have got as far as the arrival at the White Tower. I found that episode much easier to watch and feel like I'm getting to enjoy it more. We seem to still be in book 1 so I assume this series could go on for years!! :) Have I got many more to watch of what has been filmed so far?
Dec 2021
12:56pm, 22 Dec 2021
2,002 posts
  •  
Heinzster
There are eight episodes in total for this series, D2, last one is available from Christmas Eve. I think you may be on episode 6?
Dec 2021
2:17pm, 22 Dec 2021
12,247 posts
  •  
D2metres apart air hug 4 Christmas
Oh good, a couple more to see yet then. This is the first time I've viewed anything except the usual tv channels so I'm getting used to the tech!!! Finding my way around a bit better now and much less shouting at the remote. :)
Dec 2021
8:25pm, 24 Dec 2021
5,681 posts
  •  
Joe Hawk
Just watched the last ep of season 1. Overall think it played pretty fast and loose with the actual storyline but other than that it has been okay watching.

About This Thread

Maintained by Heinzster
I am a big fan of the Wheel of Time book series and the first three episodes of the new TV adaptation arrive today. Are there any Fetchies (NB, NOT fetches, that is an entirely different animal) who plan to watch and discuss?
I'm aware there may be some who are new to the series so be sensitive to long term spoilers.