What minor disaster has befallen you today?

1 lurker | 89 watchers
Dec 2022
9:08pm, 23 Dec 2022
52,096 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Is it still repairable?
Dec 2022
9:14pm, 23 Dec 2022
8,196 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
It's in one piece now McG, just has two huge cracks instead of one!
Dec 2022
9:15pm, 23 Dec 2022
75,382 posts
  •  
Diogenes
The rest of the family decided we should watch Nativity 2
Dec 2022
9:16pm, 23 Dec 2022
52,099 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Yikes. Not one for Antiques Roadshow then ;-)
Dec 2022
9:29pm, 23 Dec 2022
8,197 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
Wasn't as expensive ornament, just one I didn't want to bin even though it was broken. Must have bought it about 40 years ago!
Dec 2022
8:10am, 24 Dec 2022
11,502 posts
  •  
PaulaMc
Yesterday: went to Covent Garden with the visiting family, wandered, pondered, had dinner in Chinatown, drinks in the Punch and Judy, back to Charing Cross for the short train journey home. Got on the train to Hayes, stopped at Lewisham for longer than usual, and then instead of getting off at the next stop (Ladywell) we found ourselves going non-stop to Orpington, which is some distance from where we wanted to be. A man in a booth on the platform informed us that there had been issues on the line from Lewisham to Hayes and that we should have been told to get off at Lewisham but there had been no announcements there at all. He told us to get back on the same train and it would take us back to Lewisham in 20 minutes. Once we'd settled down he opened the doors and said there was another one coming in on another platform which we could get if we ran, and it would be leaving now. So we (me, C, Son1, Sis, BiL, Niece (15) and Nephew (18)) hurtled along the platform, up the stairs, over the bridge, and down the other stairs to get the other train. They kindly held the train for us and we waited with one leg in/one leg out until a family with two small children and a more elderly lady were also able to get across. Once at Lewisham we then had to get a bus home but the gods were kind and sent it immediately rather than making us wait the 20 minutes we were expecting.

Bit more of an exciting afternoon out than we'd expected and a magical mystery tour for our visitors (although they couldn't see a thing other than station signs flashing by as it was so dark).
Dec 2022
8:46am, 24 Dec 2022
3,587 posts
  •  
Wintryfree Wonderland
The shower has just packed in.
Dec 2022
11:04am, 24 Dec 2022
66,738 posts
  •  
Merry Lip Gloss
Needed to pick up my prescription from pharmacy yesterday as I had ran out but thought one day will be ok, went today to find them closed so I will be four (that includes yesterday’s) days without diazepam….oops
Dec 2022
12:34pm, 24 Dec 2022
1,269 posts
  •  
JHollyBerry
LG- don't know if it'll help but is it worth a call to nhs111?
Dec 2022
12:50pm, 24 Dec 2022
66,742 posts
  •  
Merry Lip Gloss
I don’t want to burden them for my mistake. I’m not really allowed to drink with them and I intend a tipple or two tomorrow so I will get by fingers crossed.

I work in a GP I should know better 😂😂

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
SweetPea got a bit giddy whilst playing Articulate and managed to land the chair leg on her toe. The...