TriSport Fetch: The smell of 220

5 lurkers | 173 watchers
19 Jun
7:23am, 19 Jun 2024
27,447 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Morning Team. Another day, another trainee driving my bus for me. Can’t decide if I’m enjoying this mentoring. I think I’d rather be driving.
19 Jun
7:39am, 19 Jun 2024
152,130 posts
  •  
GregP
Morning XO, morning all.

A happy birthday to friend of the hotel and all round good egg Night-owl .

Where is everyone? The less ginger of the two librarians is in the orange annexe, me and the XO are here. Leaves quite a lot of people unaccounted for in both buildings.
19 Jun
7:40am, 19 Jun 2024
152,131 posts
  •  
GregP
Oh, and massive congratulations to the Head Girl and her coach - even if she isn’t here.
19 Jun
7:53am, 19 Jun 2024
27,931 posts
  •  
TROSaracen
I’m alive. I’m going to Tenby this weekend.

Why go to the Mediterranean when there’s Welsh hills, wind, rain and jellyfish a short hop down the M4 away.

Raarrrggghhhh etc.
19 Jun
8:00am, 19 Jun 2024
12,668 posts
  •  
lammo
I'm alive, going to Portugal tomorrow, for a week, #medwanker2
19 Jun
8:08am, 19 Jun 2024
152,133 posts
  •  
GregP
Excellent - gives us time for a handover 😊

#TeamMedwanker
19 Jun
8:10am, 19 Jun 2024
40,277 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
I'm alive and a bit better than I was yesterday, I think. (I thought that this time yesterday and was then proved very wrong.)

That sounds wonderful, Ankh, and indeed Lammo. I wouldn't mind a beaker full of the warm South myself but the nearest I'll be getting for a while is Devon. Which is lovely of course, but so far this year has been distinctly un-Mediterranean.
19 Jun
8:17am, 19 Jun 2024
27,448 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Er, point of order. Portugal is Atlantic Ocean, surely?
19 Jun
8:27am, 19 Jun 2024
5,163 posts
  •  
JustCommando!
Alive and gently ticking over. Feel like my race 2 weeks ago has rather taken it out of me and given me a slight right leg/hip/hamstring niggle.
Still last night IWSIAL. Might ride bike tonight, depends if yesterday was summer and it's back to pouring rain today. It's certainly back to windy and grey this morning FFS.
19 Jun
8:35am, 19 Jun 2024
11,849 posts
  •  
Raemondo
I'm not sure what I am, other than tired and soggy.

But, I went to the gym in Monday for the first time in like three weeks or something ridiculous, so that's something.

Le Jelfs is away in Germany until Friday, having had a slightly traumatic drive over yesterday.* So I'm holding the fort with critters etc all on my lonesome.

Then he's back for a few weeks before being off to Sapporo for ten days mid July, then off again to Seattle mid August. For those trips at least I've booked time off so I don't have to worry about getting us all up and fed at silly o'clock and rushing home again to make sure the brindled idiot is drugged on time, which makes it less stressful.
I might be heading out to join him in Seattle after his work thing, depending on how horribly expensive flights get.

Ameland was a wash out, the weather continues to be abysmal, and I'm feeling generally a bit glum and forlorn.

Still, I've spent most of the morning so far burning things, so that's something to be cheerful about

*Four hours, nearly, stationary on the autobahn waiting for an accident to be cleared. Better than being the accident that needed to be cleared, of course, but sitting in a car with his slightly gammony (but Dutch, so maybe more 'speklappy') colleague wine have been his favourite part of the day.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
The Hotel Bastardos Tri Club.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Coming up:

21 Sept 24
* Bishops Cleeve HC (PropGobi)

22 Sept 24
* WMCCL Rnd 3 (CXGobi)

28 Sept 24
* NDCXL Rnd 2 (CXGobi)

29 Sept 24
* WMCCL Rnd 4 (CXGobi)
* RC Tets v LSRG (Raering to go)

03 Oct 24
* Saturn Midweek Chasing Numbers (DrLinds)

05 Oct 24
* National Trophy Rnd1 (OutofmyDepthCXGobi)

06 Oct 24
* Monsal HC (OutofmyDepthPropGobi)
* CL Cheetahs v RC Tets (Raelight my fire)

12 Oct 24
* 2024 Men's VinFast IRONMAN World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawai`i (TRO)

13 Oct 24
* RC Tets v URC (Get Raedy to rumble)

20 Oct 24
* Cabbage Patch 10 (DrLinds)

27 Nov 24
* Northolt 10k (DrLinds)

03 Nov
* Guy Fawkes 5 (LazDa)

10 Nov 24
* RC Wageningen v RC Tets (Raemembrance day)

17 November 24
* RC Tets v The Bassets (Take my breath aRae)

01 Dec 24
* Lady Wasps v RC Tets (Raege Against The Machine)

15 Dec 24
* RC Tets v Big Zwingeloo (a Rae in a manger)

---------------------------------
POTM: Rae 11,918 on p20,397 (last updated 18/07/24)

Twitter: @tribastardos
---------------------------------
The Hotel Bastardos.

With just a hint of pesto aioli.

Since 2007.