Cats in Boxes

3 lurkers | 97 watchers
Jul 2022
11:11pm, 24 Jul 2022
1,665 posts
  •  
Vixx
I like it - it's 'hardy'. Loads of plates left but just one bowl now :)
Jul 2022
11:30pm, 24 Jul 2022
91,350 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Lasya has done something to the base of her tale/where it attaches to her hind quarters.

She got a bit hunchy and vocal the last few days and my sister noticed she was tender.
I had noticed it too, but not as badly, as I have a lighter touch. I think she got in a fight in the garden earlier in the week, as she has been very skittish too.
Thankfully, my BIL is a vet, so we came to the conclusion we should give it time. She is eating and drinking well. I just cleaned her litter tray so I can monitor ablutions over the next 24 hrs to see if all is normal. A tail injury can apparently cause constipation... Cats rarely stop eating when unwell and hide i juries: survival instinct. But she has been trying to tell me something...
Anyway, taking her to the vet now, says the resident vet, will only result in a massive bill for an xray under general anaesthetic which will probably show nothing and the vet will say what we already think. Bruising from a scrap. I am not letting her out again, unless she is with me!

She was grabbed by the base of her tale by a JRT once, which also bruised her and her ego...
Let's hope that is what it is. Puncture wounds are impossible to see without shaving their fur off and there is no reason. She just had a crunch from her ad lib kibbles and ran upstairs...

They do cause such worry and anxiety when not right...
Jul 2022
8:55pm, 27 Jul 2022
4,006 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
Stripey was looking cute this morning ❤️

CK2
Jul 2022
10:10pm, 27 Jul 2022
1,317 posts
  •  
CK2
So cute!
Jul 2022
10:43pm, 27 Jul 2022
7,545 posts
  •  
Corrah
That face 😻
Jul 2022
5:41am, 28 Jul 2022
34,366 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Aww
Jul 2022
7:28am, 28 Jul 2022
13,013 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
How's Laysa doing, Hanneke?
Jul 2022
9:01am, 28 Jul 2022
91,407 posts
  •  
Hanneke
She seems much better. Still skittish and a little tender but dared venture outside yesterday and promptly caught a baby wren! I hope it gave her indigestion!
George, one of my neighbour's beautiful but evil red toms is now actually living in my garden!!!
I suspect him.of mauling her... He does it to my other neighbour's toms as well...

Wondering if I should suggest they keep him in for a bit so he looses the habit of staying here?
Glad she has perked up though, as I have to leave her for 3 nights tonight!
Jul 2022
9:11am, 28 Jul 2022
3,355 posts
  •  
fraggle
Signs of so much progress with Monty (or ‘Montezuma Bigfoot’ to give him his full name 😳🤣) he’s out and about more in the house - still not venturing outside yet - being demanding of food and fuss when he wants it.

He has decided that Eldest’s room is the one …

He’s such a softy 🥰
Jul 2022
2:44pm, 28 Jul 2022
91,412 posts
  •  
Hanneke
He is gorgeous!

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!