1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 723.3
11 Sep
5:38pm, 11 Sep 2024
24,230 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Ohhh enjoy your Ben Nevis trip MrHSc (one on my bucket list)

A friend switched to Coros and said its a great watch, but I am a Garmin fan mostly as I can work it and I'm hopeless at tech without changing to something new.

@duo I have a RoadID tag which attaches to the strap of my garmin and is a brilliant idea easily identifiable by anyone should you find you need it. Great service, I think its from USA. I'll do a pic for you
11 Sep
5:39pm, 11 Sep 2024
24,231 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
As I have an allergy to anaesthetic I wear a north medic alert bracelet too

12 Sep
8:43am, 12 Sep 2024
4,037 posts
  •  
Lesley C

The early start was worth it today. It was pretty cold though.
12 Sep
8:50am, 12 Sep 2024
7,128 posts
  •  
steve45
Same medi alert as Torey's gg .
I only use a basic suunto and sometimes a Garmin but I'm only really bothered about distance and sometimes pace. I have a completely separate chest belt HRM which I use about once a week now. Got no interest in listening to music on the go, I want to hear the music of the natural world along the trails, even when the bird song is less frequent there are plenty of other subtle sounds to enjoy.

Great long run MrHSc; I trust you carry ID though.

Running in off the beaten track environments almost dictates carrying a phone, no one is invincible!
A superb but chilly morning here, getting out just as it's getting light is ok now but the proper dark mornings aren't far away . 4.2 miles along trails with some fair leaf drop now.
12 Sep
8:52am, 12 Sep 2024
12,540 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Looks beautiful Lesley.

I used to love the mornings when I was a milkman, so quiet and peaceful, I just hated getting up at 4am.
12 Sep
11:15am, 12 Sep 2024
15,890 posts
  •  
hillstrider
A nice picture Lesley.

Well done Steve for this mornings 4.2 miles on trails.

I decided on a running rest day today, to recover from yesterday's interval session.

I walked briskly to the supermarket to buy a couple of newspapers, and a book of 8 second class stamps. The stamps cost £6.80! It is now exactly a mile there and back due to the closure of a couple of entrances, so my Farmers Walks will be half a mile!
12 Sep
4:49pm, 12 Sep 2024
4,271 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Oops! Just a little update from me!

The school I teach at announced on 20th May that it would close at the end of the summer term. While we were only entitled to statutory redundancy we were getting pay in lieu of notice, which meant I am paid until the end of December.

Nearly all of my colleagues got new jobs very quickly, with a start date in September. I also got a new job (and a nice pay rise) but negotiated a start date in January. I am lucky that our children are older and our mortgage paid, so time is more important than money.

I am currently having an adventure. Walking the Camino de Santiago. If you are interested I am blogging mrsbridgewater.blogspot.com - you can navigate back from today if you are suffering from insomnia and need some bed time reading!

My only deadline is that I need to be back in the UK before I fly out of the UK on 10th October to Chicago for the marathon. I know this isn’t ideal training - but at least I know I can do the time on my feet!
12 Sep
5:13pm, 12 Sep 2024
12,546 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Wow Mrsb what a time you've had. I hope you have had more ups than downs out of all of it.
12 Sep
5:30pm, 12 Sep 2024
24,247 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I love it when a bad situation works in your favour, and wow I will be reading back I would love to do Camino de Santiago! Have a brilliant adventure, make the most of the time out of the rat race (I did notice you'd done a MEGA walk the other day that explains it! and good luck for Chicago mara, wow!

Your running route looks stunning I felt my HR drop just looking at it Lesley.

I did a double day yesterday by default as I didnt have time to do all the miles before work and lunch was scuppered but 4.5m done, today I got myself out and moving earlier so longer one this morning then couple of miles with geordiemum at lunch gave my 7.7. I may catch the line up by end of next week.

Not sure I could manage a 4am start every day as I am unable to get to bed early to compensate for early rises, and cost of stamps are eyewatering!

Boating this weekend so best get myself packed and away....
12 Sep
6:18pm, 12 Sep 2024
4,272 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Thanks all.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000