Kit for sale / free

1 lurker | 153 watchers
4 Oct
10:04am, 4 Oct 2024
10,506 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
To my deep regret, I'm going to have to part with my Wilier GTR. As some of you might know I suffer from ankolysing spondylitis and struggle to ride machines such as this, it was put together by an extremely fastidious engineer (me) and no expense was spared. Full Ultegra R8000 and FSA peripherals throughout, I will post full spec later. I'll likely let it go for a very reasonable price. I would prefer people to collect it, I live in North Yorkshire on the edge of the Dales. This is a fast bike, without question the best I have ever ridden. Please contact me if you are interested. 54cm frame.
4 Oct
4:49pm, 4 Oct 2024
3,043 posts
  •  
AndyS
[Looks an absolute beauty - may I have permission to be gutted on your behalf?]
4 Oct
6:57pm, 4 Oct 2024
10,508 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Yes please Andy. I don't mind admitting I am heartbroken, it's the nicest bike I've ever had the good fortune to ride by a country mile :-(
4 Oct
6:57pm, 4 Oct 2024
24,531 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sad to hear this NE, sending fetchie love.
4 Oct
7:00pm, 4 Oct 2024
70,128 posts
  •  
LindsD
:(
4 Oct
7:07pm, 4 Oct 2024
10,509 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Just to add a bit more detail to the spec, I bought the frame directly from Italy and used new FSA headset bearings (they're Campag fit) and of course new Shimano bottom bracket (it's an English thread). Saddle is Selle Italia SLR, so a carbon fibre frame. Seat post is FSA SLK (carbon of course) with a Miche carbon-specific seat clamp, headset is all FSA, 90mm stem with carbon clamp. Bars are FSA "Wing". The groupset, shifters etc are all immaculate, no scrapes or dings. Proper Shimano cables used throughout. Decent Continental tyres with TPU (lightweight) tubes on Mavic Cosmic Pro carbon clinchers. Wheel bearings perfect and they run absolutely true, hub recently serviced. The whole bike will be serviced before I let it out of my sticky mitts :-(
4 Oct
7:08pm, 4 Oct 2024
10,510 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Oh yes, just to be clear the Castelli seat bag is not included, nor is the Lezyne rear light. I will chuck a pair of Look Keo pedals in if required.
4 Oct
7:11pm, 4 Oct 2024
10,511 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Finally: bars are double-wrapped because of the problems I have holding on to things as a result of my condition. FSA first layer, Selle Italia top.
5 Oct
10:04am, 5 Oct 2024
37,325 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Looks a lovely bike NE why you selling you clearly love it
5 Oct
4:01pm, 5 Oct 2024
10,512 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Illness HOD. I have Ankolysing Spondylitis and my spine can't cope with normal road bikes.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
There was a feature request from Rosehip for a facility on the site to allow users to sell and/or gi...