So who won the tour from 1999 to 2005

1 lurker | 80 watchers
Apr 2016
4:52pm, 29 Apr 2016
4,472 posts
  •  
Dai Bank
Yates has long suffered from exercise induced asthma. Suggests its a cock up as I read that it was disclosed on the doping control form but there was no therapeutic use exemption granted. Stupidity rather than deliberate, if what I read is accurately reported.
SPR
Apr 2016
6:08pm, 29 Apr 2016
21,637 posts
  •  
SPR
In summary, most are too cynical. Understandably so, but too cynical all the same.
SPR
Apr 2016
6:10pm, 29 Apr 2016
21,638 posts
  •  
SPR
That said PtB's point may be valid. How is sport induced asthma diagnosed?
Apr 2016
6:51pm, 29 Apr 2016
33,727 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Usually by someone going to their doctor and saying, "I get wheezy when I do sport."
Apr 2016
7:31pm, 29 Apr 2016
5,558 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Do they have to demonstrate wheeziness in some way?
Apr 2016
8:41pm, 29 Apr 2016
33,728 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Not invariably, though in the olden days we used to send kids with suspected exertional asthma to run up and down the hospital stairs a few times and measure their peak flow before and after. But with athletes seeking a TUE for asthma medication, I believe it *should* be necessary to demonstrate that they drop their peak flow and/or develop a wheeze when they exercise, and it should be possible to do this using basic sports laboratory equipment.
Apr 2016
10:02pm, 29 Apr 2016
21,025 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I get wheezy when I do sport. Have you got any good gear please Velo?
Apr 2016
10:22pm, 29 Apr 2016
33,730 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Is that question related to the statement, DT? ;)

Srsly, from a practical aspect it would be a doddle for me to get all manner of go-faster juice for you, but you'll probably get better advice about stacking, micro-dosing and monitoring down at your local meathead gym.
May 2016
6:26pm, 1 May 2016
14,048 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
I'm shit when I do sport. Drugs would elevate me to being merely grossly inadequate. Not worth the effort.
May 2016
7:41pm, 1 May 2016
33,735 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
There's a fair chance that if I added some anabolic steroids and EPO to my training regime I'd become capable of doing events I'd like to do but am not quite strong or fast enough to do. I wouldn't win anything, so the prospects of me being rumbled are negligible. If I was that way inclined, I'd make quite a project of it. But the reality is that I can't even take a paracetamol tablet without giving myself the inquisition about whether it's really necessary, and I'd worry about cardiovascular and psychiatric adverse effects, and I'm not secretive by nature so doing something that I couldn't even divulge to my husband and kids, never mind you lot, is just beyond consideration.

Besides, I'm getting to an age at which the wonder is not that I do sport badly, but that I do it at all :)

About This Thread

Maintained by fitzer
Given that Lance's wins now don't count.