Runners in or from Cornwall and Devon

1 lurker | 6 watchers
4 May
9:40am, 4 May 2024
3,181 posts
  •  
Muttley
Are we numerous on this 'ere forum? Is there anything to chat about, once we've agreed that in Kernow we have the jam first and the truth?

And is anyone else doing the Saltash Half tomorrow?
4 May
9:50am, 4 May 2024
2,431 posts
  •  
Shades
I live in Devon, but am Dorset born. Don't like cream so don't get embroiled in that argument 😉

No, not doing Saltash half. Good luck
4 May
9:50am, 4 May 2024
27,806 posts
  •  
TROSaracen
I’m headed that way (moving to Dartmoor, just outside Moretonhampstead approx August) so will keep an eye out…
4 May
9:53am, 4 May 2024
21,386 posts
  •  
Chrisull
I'm Cornwall - have raced here for 17 years, currently arthritic knee means can't race til the Autumn. I've done the Saltash Half before, oooh it's a beast. And ignore the marshals at 10 miles saying all the hills are done. They most certainly are not.
4 May
9:59am, 4 May 2024
3,182 posts
  •  
Muttley
I did the Saltash Half last year, having discovered belatedly that because it starts at 11:00 I can get to it by train in time from Hayle (I don't drive). I seem to recall a nasty and steep little climb about a mile from the finish ... or maybe that's the Magnificent 7, which recycles some of the hills from the half.

Weather looks good for tomorrow.

And gutted to see that the Imerys Half is no more. That was a brilliant event, if brutal.
4 May
10:01am, 4 May 2024
21,387 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Oh yes I ran Imerys many times, even won a bottle of wine on the last occasion after fluking a 3rd in my age category!
4 May
10:07am, 4 May 2024
3,183 posts
  •  
Muttley
Ah, I can beat you with the flukes, Chris. In last year's Saltash Half I was first in my age category. Even got a little pot for it.

That I was the only runner in that category and the guys in the next two -- M65+ and M70+ -- were ahead of me by a country mile is irrelevant.

Gotta defend my title tomorrow :-)
4 May
10:31am, 4 May 2024
2,432 posts
  •  
Shades
Good luck Muttley. Hope you manage to defend your title.
4 May
3:55pm, 4 May 2024
21,390 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Good luck, should be nice racing conditions
4 May
4:24pm, 4 May 2024
11,056 posts
  •  
Fields
Sort of, I live in Devon but don’t run anymore (I swim in the summer at the village outdoor pool).

Only race I’ve done in these ends is The Grizzly which is the best race in the world.

About This Thread

Maintained by Muttley
Are we numerous on this 'ere forum? Is there anything to chat about, once we've agreed that in Kernow we have the jam first and the truth?

And is anyone else doing the Saltash Half tomorrow?