•  
Little Nemo
ninja blackcat :-)
Jul 2019
4:23pm, 31 Jul 2019
3,849 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Those of you who also have d*gs, how do you feed your cats and stop the d*g eating the food? We had a GSD who had very little interest in food and just didn't eat the cat food so they could have nibbles out and graze at their leisure. We are now thinking about getting another d*g and are unlikely to get one with the same attitude to the cat food. Do the cats just have to have an eat-it-or-lose-it meal time or do you have ingenious cat feeding systems?
Jul 2019
6:02pm, 31 Jul 2019
3,995 posts
  •  
1step2far
My friend has two cats, one of which eats both cats food. So she put a ID cat flap programmed to open for the slower cat on a locked kitchen cupboard door (one of the under the work top ones). Sounds long winded but it works really well. Slower cat goes in and out and eats at her leisure.
Jul 2019
6:18pm, 31 Jul 2019
20,403 posts
  •  
Meglet
Not had direct experience but putting the cat food higher, like on a worktop or high table seems to work
Jul 2019
9:14pm, 31 Jul 2019
4,367 posts
  •  
Sweetie
oooh, I've only just seen this thread, how did I miss that?!

*waves to all fellow fetchie feline fans*

Cyclops, I feed our cats in a little utility room and just use a child's stairgate to keep the dogs out. Probably depends on the breed of dog but our labradors never worked out they could jump it!
Jul 2019
9:38pm, 31 Jul 2019
3,852 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Interesting, Sweetie! I would have thought that if any dog could have worked out how to get to the food, it would be a labrador.
Aug 2019
9:23pm, 7 Aug 2019
85 posts
  •  
The Pin Lady
Cat's just brought a rabbit in. Amazed how she managed to get it through the cat flap! Rabbit was okay though and was last seen running up the path into the woods!
Aug 2019
9:28pm, 7 Aug 2019
136 posts
  •  
Love Lettuce
I went to meet my running buddy for a run this evening. She was in a panic because she'd got home from work to find that one of her Maine Coons had pooed on her bed, and had faeces matted in his exceptionally long hair. I ended up holding the cat over the bathroom sink while she washed his bum. He was very placid - my cat would have scratched me to ribbons if I'd tried that. It stank though! :-(
Aug 2019
9:35pm, 7 Aug 2019
3,860 posts
  •  
Cyclops
I had to wash a cat once. Very unpleasant experience for all concerned.
Aug 2019
9:39pm, 7 Aug 2019
20,439 posts
  •  
Meglet
I remember trying to wash my cat when he got covered in stinky old oil, probably waste from the fish and chip shop. He sort of let me but it wasn't easy!

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...