•  
Joopsy
Don Howe for Villa?
Nov 2021
5:45pm, 7 Nov 2021
2,011 posts
  •  
stuart little
It's sad to see Dean go to be honest, he brought a spark back to the club that had been missing for far too long, and more importantly for me personally meant my son's first villa park experience was with the ground buzzing.

I guess we now see the extent of the owners ambition with this appointment.
Nov 2021
6:31pm, 7 Nov 2021
32,228 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
The ambition is to stay up.
Nov 2021
6:35pm, 7 Nov 2021
7,258 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
TRO will downplay his team, but Moyes's Hammers are more than a decent team.
Nov 2021
6:49pm, 7 Nov 2021
32,231 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
It will go wrong with injuries, as Arsenal are benefitting from no Euro games.
Nov 2021
7:05pm, 7 Nov 2021
7,260 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
Have not checked for accuracy, but seems legit:

Most Premier League Points in 2021:

- Manchester City (83)
- Chelsea (67)
- West Ham (65)
Nov 2021
7:24pm, 7 Nov 2021
24,168 posts
  •  
TROSaracen
12 points from safety! 😀
Nov 2021
7:35pm, 7 Nov 2021
11,143 posts
  •  
Joopsy
So looking from another angle.

4 weeks ago, most Arsenal fans had decided Arteta had to go, he had no plan A, or B.

Now Ole is presiding over the worst team ever to Grace the Prem, and yet after almost a third of the season the world best two Managers are only 5 and 6 points ahead of them. Chelsea who are now only a matter of weeks from running away with the league can’t get past Burnley at home and are 3 points ahead of a David Moyes side.

He might not turn it around and we have been absolutely shite for the last four home matches, but it seems anything can happen this year, and nobody has a safe job anymore.
Nov 2021
7:38pm, 7 Nov 2021
32,236 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
As they say in cricket, momentum, as they say in politics, optics. Arse had a shite start, they were in disarray, their covid thing didn't help. Arsenal's test will come when they get beaten again, as they surely will.
Nov 2021
7:47pm, 7 Nov 2021
7,261 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
My perspective is that the analysis needs to extend beyond the result. I read article upon article slagging people off for daring to suggest that Ronaldo wasn't part of the solution, but part of the problem at United. But the analysis looked at the result not the team performance. Even the most ardent United fan will freely admit bar (I think) the Leeds result, they have rode their luck.

United (in my opinion) have a great squad, but let down by the manager and his (lack of) tactics.

Similarly Chelsea only drew to Burnley on Saturday, but deeper analysis would suggest that Burnley rode their luck and possibly 99 times out of 100 they would have lost that game.

It's all a game of opinions. If Chelsea, Liverpool and City are favourites for the top four.... who will be the fourth club?

West Ham
Manchester United
Tottenham
Arsenal

About This Thread

Maintained by Diogenes
Ah, the beautiful game, remember that? Let's put down some jumpers and have a socially-distanced kickabout. Long shots only, and no hugging and kissing.