Fetch modellers - model cars, trains, lego, meccano, airfix etc. :-)

16 watchers
26 Jul
1:54pm, 26 Jul 2024
28,666 posts
  •  
richmac
That looks ace - what scale is it ? Although I should be able to guess from the ruler! thanks for the earlier advice BTW - I'm looking for a wash to use they seem to only come in multi packs
26 Jul
2:48pm, 26 Jul 2024
1,193 posts
  •  
Will Crash
Thanks Rich. It’s a 1:24 scale chassis off a London black cab.

Re the wash, if you’ve got a War Hammer shop near you they sell wash individually, as do Hannants model shop.
26 Jul
2:50pm, 26 Jul 2024
28,668 posts
  •  
richmac
^ cheers we have a place that carries Warhammer & I was looking in there the other day but in the wrong section!
26 Jul
3:37pm, 26 Jul 2024
1,194 posts
  •  
Will Crash
I ask the chaps on the counter in our local shop. They’re very helpful to be fair
4 Aug
9:05pm, 4 Aug 2024
28,793 posts
  •  
richmac

Latest project coming on slowly. It's even smaller than the 1:76 tanks so I'm developing tweezer skills.

Also bought a couple of affect things from 'Boyes' who carry a surprisingly good range of modelling stuff.

I've been experimenting on the last two models to see if I can gain some skill.
3 Sep
6:29pm, 3 Sep 2024
29,156 posts
  •  
richmac

Latest build done.

This one is had some experimentation with a grime wash, I took an image of that but it's too blurry I'll add it tomorrow when I go in the workshop again.
12 Sep
7:38pm, 12 Sep 2024
29,230 posts
  •  
richmac
Started my next practice model, it's a 1:76 Tiger by Airfix, Lidl had them cheap!

Been messing around with techniques on the advice of @Will Crash

Here's the rear deck

13 Sep
8:28pm, 13 Sep 2024
1,195 posts
  •  
Will Crash
Oh yeah ! Top work on those grills 👍😇. Well done ! Love the X Wing too.

I’m waiting for my airbrush to get repaired at the mo
13 Sep
8:54pm, 13 Sep 2024
29,240 posts
  •  
richmac
Thanks, I've dirtied the x wing with some citadel wash, I'll take pic at some point.
14 Sep
6:58pm, 14 Sep 2024
1,196 posts
  •  
Will Crash
Lovely work. The citadel wash is great to work with. Look forward to more pics 😇

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
I can't believe that we've got Crafts, Gardening, Computer Games, but not model cars, trains...!

Just don't call them toys!

My particular hobby was 1/10th scale radio controlled car racing. I'm now looking to get into radio controlled planes. We have some Airfix model builders in here and Lego builders too. Any type of model vehicles really! Planes, trains, automobiles... boats, helicopters, anything! Come join in! :-) G

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.