Cats in Boxes

3 lurkers | 97 watchers
25 Jul
6:27pm, 25 Jul 2024
2,203 posts
  •  
Vixx
The cat looks like Gizmo and the cartoons keep flooding my feed at the moment :)
25 Jul
7:03pm, 25 Jul 2024
15,038 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
That's adorable :-)
27 Jul
7:06pm, 27 Jul 2024
279 posts
  •  
HazelnutCH

PussPuss is checking training..

I only turned on the screen, he certainly took over my phone as a snoozing accessory
29 Jul
9:12am, 29 Jul 2024
14,618 posts
  •  
sallykate
That's one happy cat :-)
29 Jul
9:15am, 29 Jul 2024
14,619 posts
  •  
sallykate
Caspar has a tick in an awkward place. Usually I'm quite happy removing them with tweezers but this one is on his lower eyelid. It doesn't seem to be feeding (i.e. it's not getting any bigger!). We applied drops last night and I'm hoping it'lll be off by the end of the day.

Any experience getting these things off with the special tick tools? I suspect it'll be a three-person job - one to hold his body, one to hold his head still, one to deal with the little blighter.
jda
29 Jul
9:51am, 29 Jul 2024
17,538 posts
  •  
jda
We had to do a bunch with the recent outdoor kittens - one had half a dozen of them! The tick remover worked well even with fairly skittish (but small enough to be controllable) kitties, but they weren't in awkward places. Also useful with a couple of ticks we picked up ourselves on a recent trip to Scotland. Amazing how much smaller the "deer ticks" were on us than the huge grey hedgehog ones on the cats.

An insecticide treatment should cause them to drop off or at least loosen their grip in 24-48h. And they won't infest your house in the way fleas and worms can, so not really such a problem IMO.
29 Jul
10:31am, 29 Jul 2024
14,620 posts
  •  
sallykate
Thanks jda. I wonder if it's a hedgehog or a deer tick - we definitely have deer round here and probably hedgehogs to. It's about 5mm long.
jda
29 Jul
12:42pm, 29 Jul 2024
17,541 posts
  •  
jda
Big grey/white thing seemed to be called “hedgehog tick” when I looked it up. I’d only previously thought of ticks as the small dark ones you get in the hills in Scotland. But of course they also swell up when engorged.
29 Jul
1:31pm, 29 Jul 2024
14,621 posts
  •  
sallykate
It's definitely not what I usually see, which I think is a hedgehog one - so I'm thinking it's a big deer tick.
29 Jul
11:39pm, 29 Jul 2024
76,037 posts
  •  
GlennR
Minky is chillin’

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!