5 lurkers | 97 watchers
Sep 2023
11:17pm, 4 Sep 2023
11,580 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Back home. My bed has a cat on it.

Nice to be back to normal.

It turns out our holiday visitor was a barn cat belonging to a local farm. Apparently she is definitely a she and has had at least one litter in the past. She seemed very healthy and welllooked after and her confidence with humans suggests she is very well treated. I was sad to hear they just call her "cat" but that's my human daftness. She is living the life of Riley. She has shelter and food and vet attention as needed and when she's bored of being a fierce independent lioness defeating all the meeces she pops to the holiday park next door to be scritched by the soft arse visiting townies.
Sep 2023
8:51am, 5 Sep 2023
16,902 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Cat sounds very happy indeed.

The cat in Breakfast at Tiffany's is also so-called.
Sep 2023
1:18pm, 5 Sep 2023
22,336 posts
  •  
RichHL
There is a cat on my lap as I try to work at my desk. I bet she won't be doing this in winter when I will be in need of the extra warmth.
Sep 2023
6:45pm, 6 Sep 2023
7,450 posts
  •  
1step2far
Another chilled day here. Lennox is so hungry she is climbing the wall. I've never known her so vocal... 2 more weeks of steroids to go.

Vet phoned, she has fungal and bacterial infection. So antibiotics extended and anti fungal on its way.

Sep 2023
6:48pm, 6 Sep 2023
46,525 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Awww bless her
Glad she’s on the mend
Sep 2023
8:44pm, 6 Sep 2023
375 posts
  •  
GetOutTheDoor
Poor Lennox, no wonder she is feeling poorly.
Sep 2023
9:14pm, 6 Sep 2023
11,582 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Bib decided to stay out late and had a yowly standoff with the fat cat who has the night time shares on the territory. She had a good growl but ran in.
CK2
Sep 2023
10:07pm, 6 Sep 2023
2,240 posts
  •  
CK2
Does anyone have experience of cats being stung by (we think) a wasp? Poor Buddy was stung on her foot this evening. It’s swollen and sore but she’s still eating ok and not appearing poorly. Advice c/o t’internet says it’ll go down but watch in case of an allergic reaction. Several hours later she seems ok but a bit fragile, poor thing.
Sep 2023
10:28pm, 6 Sep 2023
11,583 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Sorry no experience but hope Buddy feels better soon
Sep 2023
11:09pm, 6 Sep 2023
12,125 posts
  •  
sallykate
I think Ellie was stung as a kitten - her foot was definitely swollen. Not much to advise beyond what you found out already - monitor it and get help if you think you need it. Fingers crossed it passes soon!

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!