•  
Garfield
What a transformation! :)
Jul 2023
7:51am, 6 Jul 2023
7,421 posts
  •  
1step2far
2 years!! That's flown. What a transformation!
Jul 2023
4:38pm, 6 Jul 2023
10,580 posts
  •  
Raemond
Happy Gotcha day to Mr Floofypants!
CK2
Jul 2023
6:30pm, 8 Jul 2023
2,100 posts
  •  
CK2
Some advice please cat people. My mum recently got a couple of cats from Cat Protection League. They’ve been with her for 3 weeks. They’re pretty shy. She’s concerned that they’re spending so much time under her bed, although they do come and spend time with her occasionally, accept strokes and one likes to groom her. She’s also worrying that one isn’t that interested in food and they’re not very playful. I’m trying to reassure her that they’re still settling in and seem to have attached to her already but she’s a worrier. I’ll see them next weekend so hope to be able to share some photos. Thanks.
Jul 2023
6:37pm, 8 Jul 2023
106,108 posts
  •  
Hanneke
3 weeks is not that long for a rescue cat. How long did it take Monty to emerge from under the sofa? A lot longer I seem to remember?
Jul 2023
6:59pm, 8 Jul 2023
47,115 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
Bonnie and her brother, Clyde (sadly no longer with us) were from Cats Protection.
Bonnie was quick to settle in, I seem to remember, but Clyde lived mostly under my bed for a good 6-8 weeks coming out only to eat and use the litter tray.

I'm sure they will settle over time and, as you say, it sounds like they are already attaching to your Mum :-)
Jul 2023
7:14pm, 8 Jul 2023
16,645 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Is it a problem if they like to be under the bed? I expect it is also pretty hot just now so it suits them.

Put it this way: would they be happier in a shelter?
Jul 2023
7:16pm, 8 Jul 2023
28,823 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Prim and Mindy took at least six months to be the cats they are now. Mindy is practically a lap cat if you have food, and Prim jumps up on the sofa of an evening but still gets nervous of a fuss
Jul 2023
7:17pm, 8 Jul 2023
16,646 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Cat in a bag

He climbed into the car today and had a potter round (including sitting up proudly on the driver seat) but needless to say I did not have the camera handy.
CK2
Jul 2023
7:30pm, 8 Jul 2023
2,103 posts
  •  
CK2
Thanks for your replies which echo my feeling that it’s early days and under the bed may be cosy. I’m also not worried about the food as they’re little cats and don’t sound hungry from what mum tells me.

My mum’s main disappointment is their lack of interest in bags and boxes! Love the cat in a bag ITG.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!