Cats in Boxes

6 lurkers | 97 watchers
Oct 2022
8:08pm, 12 Oct 2022
10,794 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Well done Dio.

Bib is having a little rest. Hope she's sleeping off her sore tum tum and wee wees.
Oct 2022
8:12pm, 12 Oct 2022
3,830 posts
  •  
jelly
Just popped over to appreciate some cats in boxes!
Oct 2022
8:14pm, 12 Oct 2022
36,515 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Poor big hope things improve
Oct 2022
8:41pm, 12 Oct 2022
3,712 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
We put some water into Henky's wet food to get some extra fluids into him, as he goes through periods of stress cystitis.

We don't have a cat flap - OH made a makeshift stick/flap that we wedge into the open door & Henky only gets out when we're at home.
Oct 2022
8:42pm, 12 Oct 2022
3,713 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Any recommendations for timed feeders? We're thinking about getting one for the times we just want to go away overnight & not ask the neighbour to go in. Would need to have two sections (one for wet food and the other for dry) ideally.
Oct 2022
8:58pm, 12 Oct 2022
36,516 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
We have these
petsathome.com
Set the delay up to 24 hrs

So if you want them to eat in 6 hrs turn it to 6
Lid pops up at the time
Oct 2022
11:16am, 13 Oct 2022
10,798 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
We put some water into Henky's wet food to get some extra fluids into him, as he goes through periods of stress cystitis. We don't have a cat flap - OH made a makeshift stick/flap that we wedge into the open door & Henky only gets out when we're at home.

Good to know someone else is in the same boat but sorry Henky suffers. We are putting water in wet food, increasing proportion of wet in her diet and trying to give her times when she has a part of the house to herself. Her known stress triggers are all the humans walking round at the same time especially if carrying stuff (we have quiet times each day if we are all in) all of us "suddenly" coming home and turning lights on (have timers set to light on/off time is routine and we come in quietly) and windy weather (can't change that sadly).

We don't let them out in the dark so we have recently changed the cat flap timer so she can't go out til after breakfast (wonder if that did it but unavoidable for safety reasons). Perhaps she is missing her first outdoor wee of the day. If it was just her we'd open up early as she only goes in the garden for 5 mins before coming in to eat. Her brother, however, wolfs his food down then heads out for a couple of hours and we don't want him doing that in the dark. We've also stopped being able to leave the patio door and front window open for her as it's too cold so maybe she feels trapped (she can and does use the cat flap though).

Can anyone think of any tricks we are missing? She isn't looking unhappy between episodes. Eats well, great condition, weight stable, sleeps on our bed with us, not using hiding places like she did when she came to us. She's not one for playing with us so I wonder if winter boredom is an issue. We might catnip spray a toy every now and again as she goes wild for that.

I love her but I'm not going to sit in a freezing cold wind tunnel til spring....
Oct 2022
11:20am, 13 Oct 2022
36,527 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
cats don't like change so maybe it's the changes (forced due to winter) that are impacting on her?
Ozzy took ages to settle/adjust to both Mr Pix and I being back at work vs me WFH when we got him. He also hates not being able to go in the conservatory and sits at the door sulking!
Oct 2022
11:24am, 13 Oct 2022
10,799 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
I guess so. In which case it's a case of us perhaps preempting and going full on with bladder supplements and a plug in before winter comes.

We don't heat the conservatory in winter so she has less space too. Poor love.
Oct 2022
11:27am, 13 Oct 2022
10,800 posts
  •  
leaguefreak

Sleepy spoiled cats. I may have put the electric blanket on for them an hour ago.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!