EvilPixie
checking him at lunch
if no change vets at 2.15
Aug 2022
10:09am, 15 Aug 2022
91,848 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Pix, what Dipps says: if he doesn't take tuna in spring water liquid, it is time for the vet.
He is an indoor cat, so, unlike Lasya, who sometimes eats a rodent of the shrew/mole family, which upsets het tum, that cannot be it so I would not wait...
Aug 2022
12:18pm, 15 Aug 2022
34,844 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
so he's purring now
sniffed and thought about eating but didn't
dreamies
tuna water
his biscuits
ozzy's biscuits
licky twix

meat stick

he's used the litter box for a tiny poop not 100% but one I wouldn't normally worry over

I will take him to see vet
I think he has a sore tummy rather than unwell but not sure how much he's drinking (2 bowls 2 cats without watching 24/7 you don't know)

but purring is an improvement as he wasn't doing that this morning
Aug 2022
12:20pm, 15 Aug 2022
91,857 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Considering he normally eats everything in sight, I'd find it worrying. Is there a way to work out if he is drinking by separating them and their bowls?
Aug 2022
12:25pm, 15 Aug 2022
34,845 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I don't wfh and only get 30 mins lunch (10 mins drive each way)

I'm finishing at 1.30 and having afternoon off
I've checked his gums and nose and they aren't dry

he sniffed everything as if to acknowledge it was good but didn't want to eat which is what made me think he has a sore tummy

the only thing I can think off is yesterday afternoon the washing machine was draining into the sink as if the drain is slightly blocked and I wonder if he licked the sink or chewed the clothe but that was 3-4pm and he was fine when we went bed at 9. ate his dreamies. was quiet but then it was hot and they have both been quiet in the afternoon evening once it's warm this last week
Aug 2022
1:56pm, 15 Aug 2022
91,861 posts
  •  
Hanneke
It might just have been the heat... It was extreme the last 5/6 days!
Aug 2022
2:32pm, 15 Aug 2022
34,848 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Vet loves Dio!
No signs of illness
Injection for sore tummy/nausea and done probiotics
He purred at her the while time apart from when she took his temperature!
She struggled listening to his heart as he was purring 😻
Aug 2022
3:51pm, 15 Aug 2022
10,047 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Maybe he has some sort of mild infection which is dulling his sense of smell, so he’s sniffing everything but nothing smells of food so he’s not eating it. I hope the injections help.
Aug 2022
5:17pm, 15 Aug 2022
10,634 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Vet loves Dio! No signs of illness Injection for sore tummy/nausea and done probiotics He purred at her the while time apart from when she took his temperature! She struggled listening to his heart as he was purring 😻

Glad there's no sign of infection.

Cat gran thinks Bib is on the mend but I won't believe it will I see her again. It was hard leaving her when I knew she was off colour.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!