Cats in Boxes

3 lurkers | 97 watchers
Aug 2022
9:06am, 17 Aug 2022
91,969 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Thing is, you don't know what they have been through! I got Lasya as a kitten and she is the world's most chilled cat! She likes the vet, only stress she has ever had is being attacked by a JRT, twice, in the first 3 years of her life. I keep dogs away from her as it stresses her badly. She is also petrified of traffic, which I instilled in her. Other than that, she is Cool Cat...
Aug 2022
9:11am, 17 Aug 2022
91,970 posts
  •  
Hanneke
She knows when I go away, I come back and if I am away for more than a week, I get a cat sitter, living in... Shorter someone looks in and fusses over her daily.
Aug 2022
9:12am, 17 Aug 2022
91,971 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I don't have children, but being a cat parent is harder than a human parent, right? :)
Aug 2022
9:36am, 17 Aug 2022
10,640 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Not sure, Hann. Kids have their moments too. But at least they reach an age where they can tell you.

We know Bib came go us as "nervous" and she seems happy most of the time, sleeps with us etc. When she was coming down with her stress she became very clingy (when she first came to us she was hidey) so i guess she's happy and trusting with us on some level. I've realised how much she likes to be in control (coming to us when we are all sat down and she can go to who she wants) so we're going to make sure we have quiet hours for her more frequently.

And we definitely know people walking round carrying stuff upsets her so we can limit that.
Aug 2022
10:19am, 17 Aug 2022
10,161 posts
  •  
sallykate
Kyri (who joined us as a twoish year old stray last year) hates aerosol or other sprays - it made us wonder whether he'd been mistreated with one in his previous life.
Aug 2022
10:20am, 17 Aug 2022
34,885 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Dio hates foil being opened and will run out of the kitchen as if his tail is on fire!
Aug 2022
10:36am, 17 Aug 2022
10,162 posts
  •  
sallykate
Cats on doors: Ellie jumped up to this big dividing door, it's well over 2 metres high (she jumped from an armchair):

At the vets last week she launched herself from the floor to the height of the top of the door, trying to get out I think - I've never known a cat who can jump so high!
Aug 2022
2:54pm, 17 Aug 2022
91,975 posts
  •  
Hanneke
That is impressive! Lasya does frequently jump down from the first floor mezzanine but although she is a good jumper, she doesn't jump up that high
Aug 2022
3:29pm, 17 Aug 2022
10,166 posts
  •  
sallykate
Ellie is very agile and wriggly (which is unhelpful at the moment because we are supposed to be giving her eye drops but it's pretty impossible.)
Aug 2022
3:30pm, 17 Aug 2022
10,167 posts
  •  
sallykate
Apparently it's Black Cat Appreciation Day. I'm sure Salem will be along soon, but for now I'll kick off with one of my favourite Kyri pics...

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!