1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Aug 2023
12:22pm, 5 Aug 2023
20,825 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Thanks guys I need to out some miles in this week and next then ease back for the event both runs were steady and no pressure. Loved club last night I need to try to fit more it.

I then went out with my pal this morning got soaked again but a fab run. I’m at 30 already this month I’ll have a day off tomorrow.

Great to see you enjoying your running Steve.

Fingers crossed for your recovery Lesley and hope you are having fun with your grandkids LL

Hope the parkrunners have had a good one. A chap at my local pr hit his 500 today I believe he is 79 years young. I often see him running and we have a little chat.
Aug 2023
6:45pm, 5 Aug 2023
12,209 posts
  •  
hillstrider
GG, thanks, we had a great social meet up, drinking in two pubs. It was a 30 minute walk each way for me, so on top of the morning 5k, justified the beers 🍻

Well done for your half marathon, followed by a social run and beer 🍺. Congratulations for your 30 miles so far this month.

That's very impressive, the 79 year old running his 500th parkrun.

Well done Steve for another 5k in the showers, and your best mileage so far.

We had very heavy rain this morning, so I just did a social 5k on roads with a running friend.
Aug 2023
11:17am, 6 Aug 2023
12,214 posts
  •  
hillstrider
A nice sunny 🌞 morning, but pleasantly cool.

I did a solo 5 miles fartlek workout on roads.
Aug 2023
2:29pm, 6 Aug 2023
9,629 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done for your double run GG.

Well done again hillstrider for your 5k yesterday and 5 mile fartlek run today. I hope you're not too tired for tomorrow's run with club mates.

Navigational error this morning (twice) added an extra 2 miles to my planned route and an extra 15 minutes spent chatting to Fetchie minardi. 15 minutes well spent and included a couple of wonderful Fetch hugs. 19.8 miles done in a tad over 3 hours.
Aug 2023
2:57pm, 6 Aug 2023
12,220 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done FF, another excellent very long run.

Thanks, I'm feeling ok and looking forward to tomorrow's hilly 10 miles on roads. It's a testing course, so pace will be intentionally slow.
Aug 2023
3:17pm, 6 Aug 2023
20,832 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Great running guys and esp for the fetchie meet FF.

I have stuck with running rest day, lazy morning, brunch then a trip to inov8 outlet with my pal (not much in this time but got a couple of casual T-shirts) the home tidied up then did a strength workout using my battleropes with the cardio intervals.

Now to get some food; showered chafed and off to a wedding and a ceilidh - I sense danger ahead 🤣
Aug 2023
7:20am, 7 Aug 2023
12,227 posts
  •  
hillstrider
GG, I hope that you had a lovely time at the wedding and avoided "The Danger!"

I'll be setting off in an hour or so with the Monday Group for our 10 miles road run. It's very hilly, so will be deliberately slow.
Aug 2023
8:47am, 7 Aug 2023
6,202 posts
  •  
steve45
Wotta distance there FF! Argh! I'd have had to do that extra 0.2!! Geez, I haven't run anywhere near that far in thirty years, you're flying .
500 park runs at aged 79 is so impressive. Sounds like you must have had some cross training with beers gg, danger indeed!!
Hope the ten miler went well hs.
Lovely morning here in South Wales, quite autumnal I suppose. Blackberries well worth picking up you like them but I decided that I don't like the pups getting in my teeth and decided to leave them this year. It's taken me sixty years to come to that conclusion 3.2 miles still run/ walking but slowly improving. I think .
Aug 2023
10:55am, 7 Aug 2023
20,833 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
ARGH that was obviously meant to say showed and CHANGED not chafed, this phone will be the death of me!!

The Ceilidh was an absolute hoot but I should have worn steel capped boots there was a lot of killer heels on the dance floor and big footed men who seemed to do bigger steps back than forward! But we joined in and had a proper good night. I was designated driver which wasn't half bad. I did have a little glass of wine when I arrived and supplemented it with water - I did have lots of pick n mix sweets (you can tell these guys are friends of mine haha)

Woke up less than chipper this morning (despite the sober night before) but I'm off for a run with my mam after work which will be lovely.

Hope the 10miler went ok today hs.
Aug 2023
12:54pm, 7 Aug 2023
12,229 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Sounds like a pleasant run this morning Steve. Good to hear that you are slowly improving.

GG, I'm glad that you enjoyed the Ceilidh, but a shame that you were driving, and only able to have a little glass of wine. I suppose the bonus is that you didn't wakeup with a hangover. I hope that you have a good run this evening with your Mam.

This mornings run went well thanks, and was actually 10.2 miles. Conditions were good, sunny, but not too hot.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000