1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
25 Aug
9:50am, 25 Aug 2024
23,913 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well I’ve been knocked off plan with a cold my dad had a cold when she came back from holiday but it wasn’t too bad when we were at the boat. Hubby caught it and was under the weather Monday & Tuesday I thought I escaped it but it hit me yesterday so no running for me. And praying I’ll be well enough for next weekend 😬

I have been running on empty for a while so it’s probably to have been expected. Don’t feel as bad as yesterday so fingers crossed.

I also get hundreds of miles in my trainers but I have about 5-6 pairs I rotate regularly (caveated that 3 pairs are vibrams) and 2 trail shoes that I also rotate.

Here is the link to The Berkeley Marathons UK gertlushevents.co.uk

Oh my word Steve Torey is having no luck at all I hope she heels quickly how annoying it was due to someone else’s actions.

I normally live in our local woods and fells during spring summer but it’s been so wet early on and overgrown recently that I’ve had a few near misses not being able to see the paths that I’ve not been there enough this year I’ll regret it in a few months when I’m stuck on the same roads. Hopefully when this bug goes I’ll get back out.

Great running Jack and hope you enjoyed your meal and IPA.

It is hard to recommend shoes as everyone is different. Can you get to a running shop where you can try different brands and get more professional advise Donnie?

Can’t believe little man is a school Lesley they grow so quickly. Hope he shares his school stories soon.
25 Aug
11:34am, 25 Aug 2024
15,774 posts
  •  
hillstrider
JackFW, I'm glad that you enjoyed the IPA🍺

I'm sorry Steve to hear about Torey's nasty fall, it must have been painful. She's certainly been "in the wars" this year.

Oh dear GG, you and your parents all suffering from colds 🥶 I suppose your resistance was lower than usual due to increased mileage, and work stress.

The problem these days with buying trainers, is that many sports shops have closed, meaning that we are buying them online, without having previously tried them on. I used to buy my trainers in "Sweatshop" in Southampton. They had knowledgeable staff, and I was able to try on different brands. Unfortunately they closed a couple of years ago.

Being that we've had about 24 hours of rain, I decided to run on roads again this morning. I ran a solo hilly 5 miles at a quicker pace than intended. I'll probably suffer tomorrow, running with the Monday Group.
25 Aug
11:36am, 25 Aug 2024
15,775 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Diamond League Athletics on BBC2 at 3.00 this afternoon.
25 Aug
12:11pm, 25 Aug 2024
7,091 posts
  •  
steve45
Oops, yes hs! I made mistake about Diamond League time.
That's a lot of rain there , still a five mile hilly speedier run on roads is well within your capabilities.
Run and Become closed here a few years ago but I had stopped shopping there because their range was limited and also over priced. There are still sports shops here but I opt for on line purchases because they are generally much cheaper and there is greater choice.
Oh dear gg, thankfully it's a full week until your event and everything crossed that you get to feel well by mid week .
Thanks for the good wishes to Torey everyone.
25 Aug
5:39pm, 25 Aug 2024
3,995 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Oh no Steve, I hope Torey has a speedy recovery.

Get well soon GG.

Well done on all your runs folks. Hope the rain stops HS.

I did my 17 miles yesterday, it was fine. I have had a niggle in my left quad for a couple of weeks, I felt it bad on Tuesday in the first part of my run. It was ok yesterday a bit sore for the first few miles but eased off. Feels ok today, not that I have done much. Will see how it goes.

Weather mixed here, and definitely starting to feel like autumn.
25 Aug
6:17pm, 25 Aug 2024
25 posts
  •  
Donnie1
GG: good luck with the Berkeley event. That's WAY beyond anything I could ever contemplate. It's in OMG territory. Hope the health worries ease and you have a memerable weekend. Genuinely looking forward to hearing about it.

Thanks for the advice which has been offered about trainers. Agree it's personal and also the comments about the difficulties of buying online. I've the Yorkshire marathon on 20th Oct and really don't fancy it in the newish pair I'm currently using. It basically feels like I'm running bare foot. This probably means something, I think I'm almost a silent runner, however in the current pair you can hear my feet hitting the pavement from miles away. I've a pair of Nike pegasus also on the go so it's either those or a new purchase for the marathon.

Parkrun yesterday in 24.38 which I was happy with and 10.3 this morning (passed 10 at 85.50 - target was 85).

Ytd: 633.7
25 Aug
7:59pm, 25 Aug 2024
23,926 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Here’s the blog from last year

fetcheveryone.com/blog-share.php?id=472212

I’m hoping I’ll be well enough to do it but I know what it takes to complete it so I am keeping everything crossed I’ll be fit and well.
26 Aug
8:57am, 26 Aug 2024
12,434 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Wishing Torey all the best for a speedy recovery Steve.
I'm quite happy with where I am currently having not ran since last Sunday. I will get back out again sometime but only when I want to.
Well done everyone especially Lesley with your 17 miles and good luck to Donnie for the Yorkshire marathon.
26 Aug
9:40am, 26 Aug 2024
23,936 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
My 2nd post saying well done for the 17m Lesley hadn’t posted sorry my head isn’t working properly

Also hope you get your shoes sorted Donnie, when did you buy the shoes? Might be worth a message to the manufacturer (worth a try at least) have you thought about trying some different insoles? Hopefully you’ve got enough time to find some that are comfortable as it’s a long way on road.
26 Aug
9:48am, 26 Aug 2024
7,092 posts
  •  
steve45
I rather like your wise sentiment about running when you want to FF. That's how it should be. I only get out doing what I do because I want to. Hope you want to soon!
It wasn't raining this morning so Torey was ok to run/walk with me on my 4.2 miles along trails. Although it wasn't raining it was decidedly autumnal here too.
Good 17 miler Lesley and I hope the niggle subsides, a good sign that it eased up once you'd done a few miles.
Doing very well Donnie 1. Your current shoes don't seem to suit you, foot slapping is a sign of flat feet and a need for a supportive shoe rather than neutral (I think). Or are those nuisance shoes a different heel to toe differential ? That can make a difference. I think Pegasus are 12mm offset , I wear shoes which are 8mm. Of course the lower the differential makes it like a barefoot shoe.
Good Diamond League yesterday!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000