Heart rate

2 lurkers | 298 watchers
rhb
Dec 2023
6:52am, 22 Dec 2023
2,088 posts
  •  
rhb
Thanks both, I hadn't been staying upto date on thread so didn't realise I'd jumped into middle of a chat but not felt ignored when realised.

(For clarity my bpm ref was beats per minute during session, I do find beats per mile useful reflection post session).

Dvorak RPE feels same, pace is defo slower too so I feel that, perhaps more in my aging ego though 😅
rhb
Dec 2023
6:53am, 22 Dec 2023
2,089 posts
  •  
rhb
jdspark2000 I did Google ahead of starting the meds, I couldn't find much relevant iirc but will search again.
rhb
Dec 2023
6:54am, 22 Dec 2023
2,090 posts
  •  
rhb
jda jdspark2000 apologies I tagged wrong above 😬
rhb
6 Jan
6:46pm, 6 Jan 2024
2,100 posts
  •  
rhb
Resolution to my higher hr relative to rpe... my hrm strap battery needed replacing.

Must try this option sooner in future 🤦‍♂️
23 Jan
3:19pm, 23 Jan 2024
11,065 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Hi folks. I haven't come across a HR training book but I haven't looked to hard either. If you fancy a free book then have a look at my blog.

fetcheveryone.com/blog/67905

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Elderberry
Everything you need to know about training with a heart rate monitor. Remember the motto "I can maintain a fast pace over the race distance because I am an Endurance God". Mind the trap door....

Gobi lurks here, but for his advice you must first speak his name. Ask and you shall receive.

A quote:

"The area between the top of the aerobic threshold and anaerobic threshold is somewhat of a no mans land of fitness. It is a mix of aerobic and anaerobic states. For the amount of effort the athlete puts forth, not a whole lot of fitness is produced. It does not train the aerobic or anaerobic energy system to a high degree. This area does have its place in training; it is just not in base season. Unfortunately this area is where I find a lot of athletes spending the majority of their seasons, which retards aerobic development. The athletes heart rate shoots up to this zone with little power or speed being produced when it gets there." Matt Russ, US International Coach