Wheel of Time

15 watchers
Dec 2021
5:40pm, 13 Dec 2021
1,986 posts
  •  
Heinzster
Some of the chronology is very different, but I don't think that is a deal breaker. I have seen some articles discussing 'major new characters' who will appear in season 2 - Ingtar and Uno. There was a third but I forget who he was. As we have yet to see some genuinely major players I do hope they haven't decided to go very far off track.
Dec 2021
7:39pm, 13 Dec 2021
12,240 posts
  •  
D2metres apart air hug 4 Christmas
I'm not sure if its my ears but I'm finding some of the dialogue difficult to hear and the music a bit loud... I sound like an old person!! :)

Still got a little catching up to do and its such a long time since I read the first books... 30 years?! that I'm not sure how far off the original its going. Maybe this is the best way to watch and I wont be questioning the story line just enjoying it. I've watched the first three am I right that there is a new one every week?
Dec 2021
7:43pm, 13 Dec 2021
1,988 posts
  •  
Heinzster
Yes, D2, there are now 6 available with a new episode available each Friday. 8 in total.
You - old? Never. You charge around with your pet wolf hauling trees about the place.
Dec 2021
7:44pm, 13 Dec 2021
1,989 posts
  •  
Heinzster
Like most folks in their 20s couldn't begin to attempt
Dec 2021
7:53pm, 13 Dec 2021
12,241 posts
  •  
lol :)
Dec 2021
7:56pm, 13 Dec 2021
12,242 posts
  •  
He wouldn't look too out of place on screen would he? :)

Dec 2021
8:51pm, 13 Dec 2021
39,198 posts
  •  
Nellers
I haven’t read the books but I’ve just caught up with episode 6.

I’m giving it a 6/10 so far. It’s alright but I don’t know where it’s going and maybe knowing that helps to connect to it a bit more.

Still, I’m going to stick with it and see where it takes us.
Dec 2021
9:47pm, 13 Dec 2021
5,679 posts
  •  
Joe Hawk
I'm giving it way less maybe 3/4, too rushed. No character building and pointless additions / variations from the books.
I really don't get why they changed the Rand/Egwene or the Moraine/Suian relations. It doesn't add to the story in anyway I can see, especially if they are keeping it PG :-o
Dec 2021
9:43am, 14 Dec 2021
10,279 posts
  •  
Llamadance
They didn't want the show to be Young Adult, so had to "age up" the characters. So Rand/Egwene's relationship is more developed and Perrin was married. As for Moiraine/Siuan, it's a fairly straightforward way of making the show a bit more modern than the books.

I think the adaptation is pretty good, not many changes have grated too much (not nearly as much as the Foundation adaptation on Apple TV) and it seems to essentially stay true to the books. It also seems to have improved through the series, so let's hope that continues.
Dec 2021
5:32pm, 14 Dec 2021
39,201 posts
  •  
Nellers
Foundation was more "inspired by" than "based on" or "adapted from", Llamadance. It's not terrible but it's not Foundation.

About This Thread

Maintained by Heinzster
I am a big fan of the Wheel of Time book series and the first three episodes of the new TV adaptation arrive today. Are there any Fetchies (NB, NOT fetches, that is an entirely different animal) who plan to watch and discuss?
I'm aware there may be some who are new to the series so be sensitive to long term spoilers.