Cats in Boxes

4 lurkers | 97 watchers
Sep 2020
7:17am, 13 Sep 2020
198 posts
  •  
Big_G
Little Nemo, yeah he is properly stretched out there. OH was doing something with the propagator and put the lid down but then a minute later it was occupied, and a minute after that Pim was asleep like in that picture. He was 18 the other day, so he's allowed to sleep....but these days it seems he sleeps even more than he ever used to! The door is nearly always open (as it is in that pic), especially in the summer, but he rarely goes out these days. He's still happy, his coat is really good, and he's eating well, but he just doesn't do much! On occasion he is sleeping and he loses his balance and falls off of the chair, but other than that he seems okay. I probably shouldn't laugh but it is funny to see to be honest. OH is a vet and doesn't seem too concerned about it at the moment as he's not hurting himself, although he looks pretty annoyed after it's happened.
Sep 2020
7:34am, 13 Sep 2020
19,002 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Loss of dignity is amusing in a cat
Sep 2020
7:38am, 13 Sep 2020
19,003 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Came downstairs yesterday to boxes everywhere: someone made an ungainly jump
she found some stationery ones later
I did briefly think I’d brained her as she got into the bottom drawer while I had the middle one out and then I couldn’t work out why it wasn’t shutting properly. She was purring away when I realised, she was obviously treating it as a robust head rub
CK2
Sep 2020
7:50am, 13 Sep 2020
481 posts
  •  
CK2
Ah yes! Ours are forever jumping into any drawer open a crack!
Sep 2020
7:55am, 13 Sep 2020
11,107 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Seren, Hester has done the drawer thing too! Couldn't work out why it wouldn't shut until I heard the purring 😸

Big_G, all my cats have slept on the radiator behind the sofa in the living room and all of them have fallen off fall off regularly :-)
Sep 2020
1:16pm, 13 Sep 2020
10,962 posts
  •  
MazH

Hiding in the foliage
Sep 2020
1:25pm, 13 Sep 2020
19,006 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Nice hat cat
Sep 2020
2:25pm, 13 Sep 2020
2,373 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Haha Patty's face!

Henky worried us last night (and still is) - he jumped up on the windowsill and when OH went out to get him, there were bloody foot prints everywhere :( We think he tore one of his hind claws when he jumped up, but we can't get a good look at it (and OH isn't very good at holding him at the best of times!). We're suspecting he's torn the claw off :( Found a dribble of Metacam in a bottle in the cupboard to put in his breakfast this morning, but I'll call the vet tomorrow morning, as I suspect some antibiotics may be needed...
Sep 2020
9:04pm, 13 Sep 2020
2,375 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
But he's still able to scran cheese.
Sep 2020
9:06pm, 13 Sep 2020
5,686 posts
  •  
1step2far
Hope he's ok IW!

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!