Cats in Boxes

5 lurkers | 97 watchers
Apr 2022
10:33am, 4 Apr 2022
10,401 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Bib is a laydee and requires absolute privacy to use her tray. We have trays strategically located so there's always one in a quiet spot (3 throughout the house). We also have to be careful if we wake her up all coming in at the same time and walking round the house (she hates us all walking round at the same time). She has weed in other places in those circumstances. We have lights on timers so we don't suddenly make it bright and loud and if we have loads of stuff to bring in from the car we try not to heft it all out at the same time.

So maybe some guaranteed peace and quiet with a tray.

In other news i got cats cos they're dead easy and don't interfere with your lifestyle. Ever.
Apr 2022
12:08pm, 4 Apr 2022
87,906 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Yeah, that is why I got a cat too LF 😂😂😂
Apr 2022
12:09pm, 4 Apr 2022
87,907 posts
  •  
Hanneke
By the way: Lasya hated those pellets too. Shame, as they went on the compost, minus the poo, and standard litter goes to landfill :(
Apr 2022
12:45pm, 4 Apr 2022
1,541 posts
  •  
poppyH
Lf I'm impressed at how accommodating you are! 😂
Apr 2022
1:20pm, 4 Apr 2022
9,152 posts
  •  
Raemond
Hmmm, I suppose we have sort of changed the litter - I hate the clay stuff and we always used the wood pellets with 'Nny, so we gradually mixed them in with the clay until it was more wood than clay and now all wood. Both trays still get used, as well as the extramural deposits. They're little defecation machines, it seems.

One is by the stairs into the craft room, so it gets passed by every creature going up or down, the other is in the downstairs loo, behind a door which is kept closed but has a cat flap, so only the cats can get in there unless a human opens the door.

I'm not sure it's about privacy, though, as I was stood in the the bathroom putting dye in my hair when the little git came in and peed on a bag that had previously held Sam's sweaty running kit.

The fact that he seems to have pissed on both the dog beds in the living room in a single night maybe suggests it's more than needing to go and not liking the other options, and could well be a way of conveying his feelings about the honds.

Most of the things he's gone for probably smell quite strongly to be him, I guess, even the freshly washed beds would be a strong and unfamiliar smell.
Apr 2022
1:53pm, 4 Apr 2022
87,911 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I reckon he is taking umbrage to the honden...
Apr 2022
1:56pm, 4 Apr 2022
9,603 posts
  •  
sallykate
Is he neutered yet, Rae? I also wonder whether it is a sign of approaching maturity in that regard...
Apr 2022
2:07pm, 4 Apr 2022
9,154 posts
  •  
Raemond
He was done by the charity, sallykate, so shouldn't be that.

I suspect he may just be a git.
Apr 2022
4:59pm, 5 Apr 2022
1,716 posts
  •  
Ally-C
After reading this I made a wee donation. A small charity dealing with 30 cats.

bbc.co.uk

Apr 2022
10:40pm, 5 Apr 2022
9,630 posts
  •  
sallykate
Oh poor things! I see similar stories from the charity where Ellie & Caspar came from.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!