Cats in Boxes

8 lurkers | 97 watchers
Apr 2023
3:22pm, 14 Apr 2023
42,316 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
bless

Oh Ozzy is slowly eating more of his new food - I'm still not giving him much as the awkward sod just decided that if I was going to give him that STUFF he would hardly eat but it seems he is now realising that he wont get much else and is eating more. So now I slowly increase the mix so he finally has the expensive urinary food only
Apr 2023
3:23pm, 14 Apr 2023
11,158 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Well done Ozzy.
CK2
Apr 2023
3:45pm, 14 Apr 2023
1,916 posts
  •  
CK2
Great news lf
Apr 2023
5:43pm, 14 Apr 2023
11,362 posts
  •  
sallykate
Good boy Ozzy!

lf, how did you reduce Boba's weight (as I think you're a multi-cat household)? Caspar is a chonk now; he's always been heavy but used to go outside and has been an indoor cat for three months now. I always thought they'd go outside here too (we moved from UK to Sweden) but husband and daughter are nervous about letting them out.
Apr 2023
5:45pm, 14 Apr 2023
11,363 posts
  •  
sallykate
We call him "triangle cat":

TBH he doesn't feel obviously podgy, he's just very solid compared to the other two (who don't seem to have got any heavier).
Apr 2023
5:51pm, 14 Apr 2023
1,452 posts
  •  
JenHB
took Tilly for her vaccinations - thought that it would mean she would ignore me the rest of the evening but no, she's wanting even more fuss than usual!

Have also been told that she is a bit heavy - so think I need to start weighing her food instead of doing it by eye.
Apr 2023
5:59pm, 14 Apr 2023
11,161 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
That's a value for money cat you've got there. He's lovely.

We've had to manage things quite carefully as Bib is grazer and Boba is a good eater and will nick her food if she leaves it unfinished. We give half a pouch of wet each in the morning and a pouch each in the afternoon. We watch them eat and if Bib walks off we lift her food and give it back when she "asks". We measure dry for each cat into a labelled pot before bed and that's their lot for the next day. Boba works for his dry food in a puzzle feeder or as a reward for playing. Bib gets hers on a saucer as she's not so food motivated.

When we go away it's less regimented and boba is usually shitting for Britain when we get back suggesting he's been eating Bib's food sometimes.

It's a commitment. Some people use tech (the less greedy cat has a microchip feeder) but Bib wouldn't really go for that I don't think.
Apr 2023
6:08pm, 14 Apr 2023
42,321 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Dio is a pig
Ozzy grazes so we got him a microchip operated feeder
He tends to eat most of his food over night
Dio really can’t understand the magic that lets it open for ozzy but not him
Apr 2023
6:28pm, 14 Apr 2023
13,508 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Hester is very variable as to how much she'll eat. She sometimes takes a random dislike to food she's previously eaten before so on those days she doesn't eat much at all. On other days she'll have 2 wet pouches and dry food as well. Still about the same weight as when she arrived so I think she's doing OK.
Apr 2023
9:58pm, 14 Apr 2023
102,154 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Lasya eats very little.
By choice!
Half a pouch of wet food in the morning, ad lib biscuits and tooth brushing things in the evening.
She is slim, about 3 kgs and always has been.
Only cat not overweight in the practice!

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!