The Rabbit Factor - Jan 2024 Book Group discussion

9 watchers
4 Feb
9:16pm, 4 Feb 2024
84,380 posts
  •  
Diogenes
I think reaction of Henri is consistent with both his character and the fictional world in this book. No one appears to have any scruples, self-preservation is the primary motivation. It’s (supposed to be) a comedy, I don’t think you can apply normal morales .
19 Feb
11:36am, 19 Feb 2024
2,762 posts
  •  
Triplet Dad
I enjoyed the Rabbit book and have now finished the other 2 books in the trilogy.

I don't think I'd rush out to get any more of his books but I enjoyed it enough to feel that I needed to see the overall story through to it's conclusion.

Having had a lot of exposure to Actuaries during my career, I definitely saw a lot of recognisable traits, albeit with a bit more murder than I'm used to.
19 Feb
12:22pm, 19 Feb 2024
44,952 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Good to know TD I'm tempted to try the following books probably later in the year have a few books I want to read first
7 Apr
11:35am, 7 Apr 2024
8,594 posts
  •  
westmoors
Finished this yesterday (yes I'm behind)! Quite enjoyed it as a piece of entertainment. Loved how problems were turned into mathematics. Wasn't quite so convinced on the characters or the ease at which a loan bank was set up.

Giving it a 7 as it did hold my attention.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by McGoohan
As chosen by Night-owl, and written by Antti Tuomainen (Author) and David Hackston (Translator), The Rabbit Factor is Jan 2024's Book Group Book of the Month Book Choice Book.

When you have feasted your eyes upon its insides, drip your thoughts like paint-drops from the end of Jackon Pollock's extendable paint brush holder onto the canvas of discussion thread below.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 113,144 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here