Thanks for all the fish

7 watchers
Oct 2017
9:55am, 18 Oct 2017
15,583 posts
  •  
Stander
I'm done.

You lot are a fantastic bunch of people.

You demonstrate this by the awesome feats that you accomplish - whether big or small - every day in your running. Be it multi day marathons or a 5K.

And not just the running - just look at the very many different threads in the forum. From serious shit such as depression to the joke thread.

For me, the biggest highlight from my time on here was the massive (and that word certainly isn't big enough) support I received following the death of my wife. Not just the crazy amount raised in donations for when I ran VLM that year, but also through the "My wife - lateness news" thread and elsewhere.

But I really am done.

I haven't run step one in a year (outside of a few treadmills runs at a gym where I have now given up membership of). And pretty much the only thread now on my watchlist is the joke thread. I have no desire to start running again and despite Sir Fetch's best efforts, I have less on here that draws me back in every day.

So thank you to EVERYONE here. Some I've met. Some I wish I hadn't met (not really). And others that wish they hadn't met me (I'm looking at you Rich at the Cambridge Fetch Mile. You're face when I was changing into "the suit" was priceless).

Paul (aka Stander)
Oct 2017
10:57am, 18 Oct 2017
13,258 posts
  •  
mulbs
Your top moment really was that crop-top photo Stander. Never met you but have been glad to have you around. Hope your life is all good, never say never - we'll still be here x
Oct 2017
11:10am, 18 Oct 2017
1,357 posts
  •  
Goofee
We met briefly after the Mick'n'Phil half (when I still had my dreadlocks). All the best for whatever direction you now choose.
Oct 2017
11:12am, 18 Oct 2017
23,005 posts
  •  
HellsBells
All the best lovely, That Suit is engraved on my retinas
Oct 2017
11:20am, 18 Oct 2017
45,762 posts
  •  
swittle
Met you at about 12 miles into the VLM course a few years ago - you were in THAT suit. Bought you a pint in the Chandos. We both looked shellshocked. :)
Oct 2017
11:36am, 18 Oct 2017
31,590 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I've never met you in person Stander and even so I'm traumatised by that pic ;-)

Good luck whatever you do.
Oct 2017
11:41am, 18 Oct 2017
26,499 posts
  •  
macca 53
never met you but like others say - never say never. Good luck in whatever you choose to do
Oct 2017
11:55am, 18 Oct 2017
37,825 posts
  •  
Fierce and Fearless Fleecy
Your bra photo will live on without you, Stander :) Happy lifing, don’t forget running is always there if you need it x
Oct 2017
12:02pm, 18 Oct 2017
24,810 posts
  •  
Diogenes
As is Fetch
Oct 2017
1:17pm, 18 Oct 2017
2,075 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
We met prior to the inaugural Chelmsford [Parks] Marathon. Wishing you all the best for the future!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I'm done.

You lot are a fantastic bunch of people.

You demonstrate this by the awesome fe...