So who won the tour from 1999 to 2005

1 lurker | 80 watchers
SPR
Jun 2015
1:58pm, 6 Jun 2015
20,221 posts
  •  
SPR
The UCI and WADA have dropped their appeal against Kreuziger acquittal in his bio passport case: cyclingnews.com
Jun 2015
4:21pm, 6 Jun 2015
2,035 posts
  •  
Molesy
Ah, hypothyroidism, the new asthma.
Jul 2015
12:28pm, 4 Jul 2015
3,297 posts
  •  
fitzer
Another tour another set of headline, what do you make of these?

rte.ie

rte.ie
Jul 2015
10:12am, 14 Jul 2015
13,091 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
theguardian.com

Ross Tucker has commented on this already too.
Jul 2015
10:17am, 14 Jul 2015
7,603 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Sky only have themselves to blame. They promised openness and then hide the riders stats. Brailsford can moan all he like, he's wrong.

As I've voiced on this/other threads (the Mo one), for me the future is almost here. Apple Watch-like technologies allow riders to have their stats monitored and uploaded every day. It has to be the only way forward. In the future drugs tests will be checking to see if a riders stats are the same as those they uploaded the night before.

Nice bit of subtle editorialising from the Grauniad... :-)

"Just try to be honest, tell the truth, be open.” Team Sky tightly controls access to riders’ data
Jul 2015
10:32am, 14 Jul 2015
13,092 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
I agree Sky have a right to protect their data and release under their own steam, but my point on Ross Tuckers FB post was the same. We were promised open and we never get it. You want us to believe and we want to believe but we've been burned too many times in the past.
Jul 2015
4:41pm, 14 Jul 2015
7,636 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Rassmussen just tweeted:

Michael Rasmussen ‏@MRasmussen1974 34m34 minutes ago
Sky aiming for a record 1-2-3 in Paris #TDF2015 Marginal gains at work!

Ross Tucker tweeting that Quintana's performance in line with winning performance from previous 4 years and admits those were called "grey" or "marginal". Called Froome's "encroyable" and "today was a time machine" . Suggests if it's Nibali or Quintana then his stats are used as solid, but if he's doing it for Froome, it's called pseudo-science.
Jul 2015
5:14pm, 14 Jul 2015
7,637 posts
  •  
Chrisull
This is also troubling me: facebook.com

Mont Ventoux, Froone's heart rate doesn't change even when he attacks! Sky's lawyers have got the video removed. As Tucker points out plenty of explanations - faulty heart rate monitor, already near maxed out for HR, the video data was faked (but in which case why don't Sky say it?!) or maybe ALL elite athletes show that kind of flat HR data. I'm finding doing HR monitoring all kinds of weird shit on a week by week basis, like how my HR decreases on some easy climbs now after 8 weeks of hill training, so I can believe it.

If they want trust, they need transparency. I don't necessarily believe they are doping, but the weight of probability says more likely than not.
Jul 2015
8:53pm, 14 Jul 2015
7,640 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Even Lance Armstrong casting aspersions on Twitter:

Lance Armstrong ‏@lancearmstrong 3h
1. Clearly Froome/Porte/Sky are very strong. Too strong to be clean? Don't ask me, I have no clue.

although he does say:

I'm not accusing anyone In fact, quite the opposite. I'm not interested (nor do I have the credibility) to opine there.

and:

Finally, this @letour is NOT over. Those initial hard efforts that Sky put out today tend to add up and there is a ton of racing left.

Surprised isn't more people on here, to be honest. Am I just a skeptic by nature?
Jul 2015
8:08am, 15 Jul 2015
13,096 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
This can be set against the fact (as devils advocate) that the rest of the field were sh1te yesterday. Nibali out the back early, Contador suffering from hay fever or similar. Froome only put a couple of minutes into someone like Gallopin who'd normally be much further down the hillside.

About This Thread

Maintained by fitzer
Given that Lance's wins now don't count.