Scottish Fetchies - Edinburgh Xmas Social?

28 watchers
Jan 2017
10:02pm, 8 Jan 2017
8,256 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
they must be pro Dominoes
Jan 2017
10:22pm, 8 Jan 2017
12,856 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Cuban dominoes. The map of Cuba and perhaps that "Cuba" was written on the box has tipped me off 3guysfrommiami.com

I managed not to meet sjjh again though I did spot him from the shirt and buggy description as he lapped me a bit before he finished.
Jan 2017
10:29pm, 8 Jan 2017
8,244 posts
  •  
Maz Heeps
Erin n I had an absolutely fab weekend, thanks one n all. A pleadure to meet new to me faces, and to spend a bit of quality time with those I know well...

Inspired venue choice duchess! Was great to have a base to return to after the excitement of the XC. Didn't factor in we'd be there til near 9 o'clock at night!!!
Jan 2017
10:30pm, 8 Jan 2017
8,245 posts
  •  
Maz Heeps
The post parkrun cafe was the only blot on the landscape but hey, we can laugh about it!!!
Jan 2017
11:46am, 9 Jan 2017
166 posts
  •  
Sjjh
Haha G I think I had a brief chat at the end with the buggy guy who was leading the first lap, I think he was really surprised when I pulled alongside him during the run, don't think he normally has anyone else near him with a buggy. Made me work a wee bit harder than planned, didn't realise sub 20 was on till I finished.

I'll have to return to Porty at some point this year, to have a go at beating my time now, it's such a good course, the wee undulations make it fun.

I think we are going to head to Livingston this weekend for a run there (a wee bit closer to home) and try some other Scottish ones we haven't been to over the next few weeks.
Jan 2017
12:11pm, 9 Jan 2017
3,018 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
I'm glad someone else thought it was an undulating course ;)
Jan 2017
12:18pm, 9 Jan 2017
10,807 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
buggy running cant be easy at porty with narrow paths, especially at that pace and in 3rd lap when you will be catching and lapping some runners
Jan 2017
12:19pm, 9 Jan 2017
26,255 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I'd normally see you at Livi Sjjh, but it's Broxburn XC this weekend (East District League race 3 - got to turn out for club, even if I'm so slow I might not count in top 6!). Livi is great course, but narrow in places and slippy on the mud and wet bits on wooden bridges - go carefully!

Dominoes - you lot really know how to party! ;-) Says me, who was home dog sitting! :-) G
Jan 2017
12:20pm, 9 Jan 2017
6,193 posts
  •  
Jambomo
What was wrong with the post parkrun cafe?
Jan 2017
12:22pm, 9 Jan 2017
26,257 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I've only been in there once and wasn't actually eating, but it looked pretty small and informal, so maybe they just weren't ready to be Fetch-mobbed? It's always well reviewed and I know the parkrun team from Porty like going there usually.

About This Thread

Maintained by katypie
Sat 7th Jan, Portobello parkrun, then into town for lunch / drinks, and possibly continuing on into evening and dinner.

10:15-12:00 Planet cafe for More tea, vicar? and Cake! www.planetcafeedin.co.uk
12:30-? Kilderkin for drinks, lunch, XC watching

Then folks who are heading off for early evening trains can walk to Waverley (it's uphill but about 10 minutes).