Mundane thread

159 watchers
Feb 2016
8:25pm, 26 Feb 2016
22,006 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Thames Bridges Challenge 4 - Final Arrangements

So. Those with a bag for the droppage of, can you be in Greenwich at the Cutty Sark BOAT for 10:30? I will accompany to the Cutty Sark PUB if required for 10:45 and then a swiftish return to the BOAT.

All others starting from the BOAT, there will be a brief briefing for 11:00 for setting off shortly thereafter.

The route will be:
Through the foot tunnel to the North bank of the Thames. At which point we turn LEFT and follow the river and Thames Path signs West. When in doubt, keep the river on your LEFT. After approx. 5 miles we will reach Tower Bridge. Cross Tower Bridge. There are steps in a little passageway at either side.

Those starting from the BRIDGE, I will endeavour to be there for 12:15 or thereabouts. If I get there early (;-o), I will wait till 12:15. I recommend waiting at the red flag in this pic. It’s on the riverbank outside City Hall.

From here, we go 5 miles East, still keeping the river on our LEFT. We arrive at the Cutty Sark BOAT to whoops and cheers. But then we go on, another half mile approx. to the Cutty Sark PUB still following Thames Path signs.

Sometimes the signs get defaced or moved around,

but generally you’ll be alright if you keep the river on your LEFT.

I will hand out my phone number tomorrow to any that want it in case you get lost and want directions!

I’m posting this in the Thames Bridges Thread, the 700 Thread, the Mundane Thread and as a Blog. If you haven’t read it, let me know ;-)

Anything before tomorrow you need, fmail me. I'll be trying to get to sleep with the assistance of my good friends, Mr Pinot and Ms Grigio.
Feb 2016
8:35pm, 26 Feb 2016
13,427 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Cheers, McG. If I get to the boat in time I *may* come to drop my pack at the pub but if I don't get there in time no worries, I can run just as well with it.

See you all tomorrow! :-)
Feb 2016
8:48pm, 26 Feb 2016
13,412 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Kim ( a few pags back ) it was a sports massage but she said my quads were in good shape, everything on my left side is what usually has the niggles but anything she did find to 'iron out' was on my right side except for my left forearm and palm... Going to make it a 4/6 week treat just for maintenance.
Alfie is now sleeping, he is such a funny wee character already.
Feb 2016
9:02pm, 26 Feb 2016
419 posts
  •  
decorum
I think our bathroom scales are further broken :-o
Feb 2016
9:08pm, 26 Feb 2016
9,277 posts
  •  
Columba
Dog-sitting.
Feb 2016
9:20pm, 26 Feb 2016
1,160 posts
  •  
KimCanRun
That's good LG. I've felt the benefit of sports massage. Though after VLM might treat myself to a relaxing rather than painful massage!

Debating having a glass of 🍷
Feb 2016
11:03pm, 26 Feb 2016
16,060 posts
  •  
alpenrose
On a bed. Found the theatre just in time. The show was bloody brilliant!
.B.
Feb 2016
11:04pm, 26 Feb 2016
21,761 posts
  •  
.B.
What did you see?
Feb 2016
11:13pm, 26 Feb 2016
16,062 posts
  •  
alpenrose
Oh hello, you still up? :) I saw Motown the Musical.
.B.
Feb 2016
11:16pm, 26 Feb 2016
21,762 posts
  •  
.B.
Not seen it but great music :-) Time to go to sleep, see you tomorrow :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Johnny Blaze
I have replaced the batteries in the TV remote.

The old ones were flat, so it wasn't working.