1step2far
She also never ever refuses food. She even ate the bathroom soap last week.😯
Apr 2018
8:25pm, 10 Apr 2018
2,943 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I hope she perks up soon 1step.

It was easy to tell that Oreo was poorly this morning. Very listless and not particularly interested in affection, he normally loves being stroked. He just loooked miserable and uncomfortable.

So it was off to the vet, with Oreo non-stop complaining as he hates being in the box, and in the car even less. Halfway there he got his own back on me. He started doing that ‘I’m about to be sick’ miaow, then my heart sank as I heard a trickling noise - he was doing a pee. The cat box is one of those wire mesh ones, so of course the car passenger seat was soaked. And it STANK.

It turns out he had some kind of infection as his temperature was 1.5 degrees above normal, so he had to stay at the vets for the day for treatment. A call at lunchtime revealed that the vet staff were having trouble pinning down a struggling 8kg terrified cat, so they had to sedate him to do the blood tests and give him injections.

He complained all the way home, ate a ton of food once we got back, then disappeared outside. Guess he is ok now.
Apr 2018
8:28pm, 10 Apr 2018
2,944 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Oh meant to say that we’ve had cats previously that were a bit down and listless for a short while after having their vaccinations.
Apr 2018
8:31pm, 10 Apr 2018
2,871 posts
  •  
1step2far
Aww poor Oreo. Hope he's ok. Shame about the car thou! I hope he doesnt need antibiotics etc... that coukd be challenging.

Today was Lennoxs first time in her new box with reinforced door. She was not impressed when she realised she was unable to escape. She seems fine, apart from food and non stop meowing. Both of which are big changes in behaviour. I just gave her some biscuits but she carried on sitting on the stairs meowing.
Apr 2018
9:38pm, 10 Apr 2018
2,301 posts
  •  
Dillthedog57
Mog has her jabs last week, and was really unimpressed. She came home and had a protest pee on the bathroom floor. Incontinent little bugger. She’s been fine since.
Apr 2018
9:41pm, 10 Apr 2018
2,872 posts
  •  
1step2far
Strangley whatever was bugging her has resolved and she has curled up fast asleep on my bed. Im.hoping she stays that way!

Hahaha that is vindictive!
CK2
Apr 2018
10:22pm, 11 Apr 2018
170 posts
  •  
CK2
Ours appear poorly after vaccinations and hide from us, coming out to shout intermittently. It sounds as if she was making her feelings heard!
AJH
Apr 2018
5:05pm, 15 Apr 2018
127 posts
  •  
AJH
Our boy Bolt is always listless for a few days after any vets visit. Its a bbit like he's depressed by the whole thing :-D
Apr 2018
7:50pm, 17 Apr 2018
2,958 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Just removed the head and wings of a greenfinch from outside the back door. *sigh*
Apr 2018
12:25pm, 18 Apr 2018
17,484 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
😈

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...