Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

1 lurker | 67 watchers
Feb 2014
1:57pm, 9 Feb 2014
28,899 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
My cats (which don't have a litter tray now, eL Bee! confiscated it about two years ago and they stopped peeing in random places around the house almost immediately apart from when Tizzy has a seizure) love the bits of the garden where I've planted new shrubs and put down a layer of peat substitute. I'm hoping cat poo is a good fertiliser :)
Feb 2014
2:04pm, 9 Feb 2014
4,379 posts
  •  
WolfDancer
I had a problem with my little girl peeing in odd places. Did a little research and one suggestion was not making the litter too deep and putting a second litter tray somewhere else in the house. Apparently us humans like the litter deep, but the cats do not.

Anyway, since putting in the second tray more than 6-8 months ago, i have had no known incidents of using anywhere other than the litter trays :-)

I kept the type of litter the same, Breedercelect recycled paper pellets, yes they do end up outside of the trays, but it soaks everything up and the trays just empty without any need to scrape them out. So i can live with having to tidy up outside the trays
Feb 2014
3:10pm, 9 Feb 2014
1,195 posts
  •  
Cyclops
I've just had to buy a hall table to put bags on when we come in as the instant anything is put down on the floor Minniecat wees on it. The Sainsburys delivery gets particularly stressful. I think it's old age - all the old cats I've had have developed a weeing problem.
Feb 2014
3:46pm, 9 Feb 2014
16,706 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Well it comes to us all I wonder if we develop wee problems when we are that age. My grocery delivery can be stressful but that because Lucie likes to attack the carrier bags
Feb 2014
5:03pm, 9 Feb 2014
3,838 posts
  •  
CC2 Speedy Goth
I use litter try liners and a very small amount of cheap value brand litter. I empty it twice a day as once Eloise has pooped in it she won't go in it again until it's clean. She won't go outdoors to toilet at all. She will actually come in from outdoors specifically to use the litter tray.
Feb 2014
6:37pm, 9 Feb 2014
16,709 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
It is a shame they can't clean up after themselves I wouldn't cope with twice a day
Feb 2014
10:05pm, 9 Feb 2014
708 posts
  •  
RunnyBunny
Barney's peeing/spraying seems to be aggravated by stress, and Feliway (diffuser/spray) chills him out and reduces the problem (there's some underlying medical stuff too, which is being sorted). Feliway doesn't seem to work with all cats, but definitely makes a big difference to Barney, who's always been easily stressed.
Feb 2014
4:08pm, 10 Feb 2014
16,711 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
So far Lucie seems reluctant to go outside. If I carry her out she wriggles so much that she breaks free runs over my shoulder back indoors and when she did go out she wanted to come back in after 30 seconds and made a lot of noise. She will sniff the door then as soon as there is a noise runs away.
Feb 2014
4:22pm, 10 Feb 2014
3,492 posts
  •  
sallykate
RB I have a Feliway diffuser - though not in my daughter's bedroom. I wondered if he's doing it there because that's where his brother sleeps. We've ordered a second tray though I still have no idea where it's going to go!

SE I'm a bit like that with going outside at the moment :-)
Feb 2014
11:49pm, 13 Feb 2014
16,747 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Just tried out the new cat litter Lucie seems to approve as soon as it was out of the bag she was in there sniffing and digging. It's a lot finer than her other stuff so hoping this means it doesn't trodden over the flat

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...