DeeGee
Yay!
16 Sep
1:33pm, 16 Sep 2024
3,828 posts
  •  
riggys99
Afternoon Maravaners

Now that the costal half is done and dusted my focus switches to the Maravan. Spoke to a couple of runners on Sunday at the half who are/may be doing it. As they were in the same group as me during the half hoping they will be pushing for a similar time to me at the Maravan (forgot to ask what day they were doing πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ).

I believe I saw @DeeGee doing his marshalling duties on Sunday (at the roundabout before you go down to the Haven site). I know @GimmeMedals was handing out doughnuts at the finish so thanks to both of you.

Looking forward to the Maravan now. If we could have the same sort of weather as Sunday morning (a few degrees cooler would be great) and not Sunday afternoon that would be brilliant.
16 Sep
2:07pm, 16 Sep 2024
27,620 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Sunday morning's weather would be ideal for the maravan please 🀞
16 Sep
2:39pm, 16 Sep 2024
22,978 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Hello!

Yes, I was loitering with intent at the entrance to Thorpe Park when the half came through. I was managing the whole cohort of marshalls between the start and Thorpe Park. Glad I didn't have to oversee the traffic management too, though.

I did briefly make a cameo appearance at the finish to chat with Norma, too.

Sunday morning's weather would be perfect.

Thanks for putting in a good word for the event @riggys99 . Hopefully we'll get a few more entries in. People are leaving it very late to enter races nowadays...
16 Sep
2:42pm, 16 Sep 2024
3,830 posts
  •  
riggys99
It’s a great event so hopefully you wil get the entries you need.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by riggys99
Re started the thread for the 2024 edition of this great event.