Cats in Boxes

1 lurker | 97 watchers
Aug 2020
6:36pm, 7 Aug 2020
2,302 posts
  •  
idle_wilder

Henky is determined he is not too hot in the sun!
Aug 2020
6:57pm, 7 Aug 2020
1,672 posts
  •  
beebop
Unicorn looks lovely, Sombrero - any story behind the name? I hope dipps (and anyone) likes the long cat picture, but ascoey’s cat looks gorgeous and the photo is much less cluttered! Very elegant cat, that.
Aug 2020
7:01pm, 7 Aug 2020
353 posts
  •  
Silent Runner
Yes she does look quite similar, beebop. She’s got odd-coloured paws like Sansa, too. I don’t know if that’s a common feature with tortoiseshells?

Unicorn looks very relaxed there, Sombrero. I like the phrase “naughty tortie” - I’m sure I can find a use for that (though Sansa tends to be pretty well-behaved; it’s her sister who’s the, shall we say, “mischievous” one).
Aug 2020
7:23pm, 7 Aug 2020
1,673 posts
  •  
beebop
Pan is technically tortoiseshell and white, but only just.

She and her sister both have huge claws, which I’ve also seen on a couple of other torties. Might be another common characteristic? Her sister is much more symmetrically marked.
Aug 2020
7:41pm, 7 Aug 2020
18,654 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Oh yes I loved that :-) and the cat-in-a-bag pics
Aug 2020
8:09pm, 7 Aug 2020
354 posts
  •  
Silent Runner
I don't know if Sansa's claws are particularly huge, but they're certainly sharp. (She missed her landing on a jump recently, and used my back and leg to ease her passage back to the ground. The scars are fading, slowly).
Aug 2020
8:28pm, 7 Aug 2020
6,811 posts
  •  
sallykate
Our young tortie Ellie has just a few flashes of white on her belly, and huge claws too. Daughter tells me that the presence of white means that she's really a calico. To me, she's like a ginger cat who's been stained with soot: you can see the stripes beneath the black when you get up close.

She's also incredibly vocal and attention-seeking.
Aug 2020
9:17pm, 7 Aug 2020
1,674 posts
  •  
beebop
Always thought that calico was the American/Canadian name for tortoiseshell and white. Anyway, these two are talkative and attention-demanding, plus they spend a lot of time rolling around upside down. Which is part of the attention grab, but they do seem to do it for their own amusement as well.
Aug 2020
9:27pm, 7 Aug 2020
13,613 posts
  •  
Garfield
I haven't heard that term in years...calico cat!
Aug 2020
11:29pm, 7 Aug 2020
10,020 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Calico - I never knew what that meant. I'm not sure if Katarina is a calico or not. She is white underneath and paws and mix of orange and tabby (rather than orange and black) on her back and face. Definitely of the mongrel, father unknown variety.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!