•  
GlennR
17 Mar
2:50pm, 17 Mar 2024
2,112 posts
  •  
Vixx

17 today. 84 in Cat Years.

Shouts for no reason. Has started cuddling in his old age. Wobbles occasionally on his (huge) paws. Loves food. Mainly mine.

He is mine and I am his slave. Happy Birthday Gizmo :)
17 Mar
2:55pm, 17 Mar 2024
5,236 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Happy Birthday Gizmo.
17 Mar
3:07pm, 17 Mar 2024
5,238 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Do most cats get more vocal the older they get?
17 Mar
3:10pm, 17 Mar 2024
14,486 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Happy Birthday Gizmo! blackcat cake :-)
CK2
17 Mar
3:28pm, 17 Mar 2024
2,673 posts
  •  
CK2
Do most cats get more vocal the older they get?

Oh gods I hope not, ours are vocal enough already!

Happy Birthday Gizmo!
17 Mar
3:43pm, 17 Mar 2024
74,843 posts
  •  
GlennR
Happy birthday Gizmo.
17 Mar
3:57pm, 17 Mar 2024
23,026 posts
  •  
RichHL
Happy Birthday, Gizmo!

If Fred got any more vocal he could have a slot on GeeBeebies.
jda
17 Mar
4:16pm, 17 Mar 2024
16,707 posts
  •  
jda
I think they do a bit. Talking is something they learn from us, I don’t think they do it in the wild (eg ferals) and I don’t notice them talking to each other either. Ours are still pretty quiet but getting a little squeakier over time.

Purring is another matter.
17 Mar
4:29pm, 17 Mar 2024
2,113 posts
  •  
Vixx
Apparently cats don't talk to each other making the noises they make for us.

With Gizmo, I don't know if he's suddenly become more vocal because it's just he and I now and he's shouting because he wants to know where I am. But he's now shouting even when he knows where I am. I did think it was to p*** off next door's dog, but I haven't seen or heard from the dog for a while.

He has also started forcing himself onto my lap for a cuddle, particularly first thing after I have fed him, cleaned his litter tray and done other morning jobs and then sat down to check email with my coffee cup in hand and laptop on lap. He's quite funny as I put my arm across to stop him, so he'll put a paw either over or under my arm and force his way through. I find if I just let him do it then after 15 minutes or so he'll move on to his pillow next to me. It's like he's making sure I am still here.

He does purr, but only if he's getting cat massage.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!