8,495 posts
  •  
um
25 May
2:35pm, 25 May 2024
14,644 posts
  •  
HowFar?
Mayfly time here. The main hatch usually starts at this end of the lough and works its way up the lough over the next few weeks.

25 May
9:38pm, 25 May 2024
14,645 posts
  •  
HowFar?
I spotted this tiny hare from my kitchen window this evening so I sneaked out to get a photo. I managed to get this picture before it became aware of me. It soon put its ears back and got as low as it could so I withdrew to the kitchen again.

.B.
25 May
9:52pm, 25 May 2024
47,707 posts
  •  
.B.

I saw a sand lizard today.
I’ve nit seen one before. Apparently quite endangered and a bit off track according to the places they live /have been released.

arc-trust.org
25 May
9:55pm, 25 May 2024
14,646 posts
  •  
HowFar?
Great colours on that lizard.
1 Jun
3:34pm, 1 Jun 2024
18,677 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
This guy is just showing off.
1 Jun
3:57pm, 1 Jun 2024
3,519 posts
  •  
Big_G
I have a wildlife camera and picked this up the other night.

There’s a story to this. I thought there were ‘at least 2’, as I thought that it was cubs playing/fighting, and they were making a real racket. But now I actually think it was only one adult badger. About 10ft back from our back door, we have a 5ft high wall, and at the top of that is our garden. Against this wall we have a 4ft high storage box, and I think the badger must have used that to get down, but then realised it couldn’t get back up. There was a large amount of screaming and scrambling at 4am that morning as it was presumably panicking (it eventually got back up, and there are a lot of scratches on the storage box). We do have steps up, but there is a gate to stop the dog getting up so it couldn’t use that. From the footage, pretty sure it was just one animal. Interestingly, it came back a few times through the night - 10:40pm, midnight, 3am, and 4am when I heard it. Checked the camera this morning again, and there was just a cat that triggered it last night.

The set is about 100m away from the house, in a field that runs along the back of my house.

OH isn’t happy as veg plots have been decimated!

1 Jun
4:07pm, 1 Jun 2024
3,520 posts
  •  
Big_G
* sett
1 Jun
5:48pm, 1 Jun 2024
3,825 posts
  •  
cackleberry
Badger!

About This Thread

Maintained by NDWDave
There is a wildflower thread but is there one for wild animals?

From my run today